Fox X-Men (Marvel) Movie/TV Universe

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
My expectations for New Mutants may have dropped a little: the film is undergoing reshoots this summer and will be introducing a brand-new character. This was a movie that was originally supposed to be released this April and now they are adding an entirely new character to the cast? Sounds like trouble to me.

Also in this same article it states that Fox is hoping to start shooting the X-Force movie in October

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...y-disrupt-foxs-x-men-movie-mega-plans-1088623

Diggame

Sep 7, 2009
STL
My expectations for New Mutants may have dropped a little: the film is undergoing reshoots this summer and will be introducing a brand-new character. This was a movie that was originally supposed to be released this April and now they are adding an entirely new character to the cast? Sounds like trouble to me.

Also in this same article it states that Fox is hoping to start shooting the X-Force movie in October

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...y-disrupt-foxs-x-men-movie-mega-plans-1088623

Yeah, they pushed it back to November of next year I believe a month ago. I knew that was a bad sign. I think maybe the horror angle which is very ambitious may not have been executed well.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Yeah, they pushed it back to November of next year I believe a month ago. I knew that was a bad sign. I think maybe the horror angle which is very ambitious may not have been executed well.
Well they actually showed a near-finished product to test audiences last month and it got "meh" reviews. That gives me some hope that it's at least not Fantastic Four-caliber, and maybe reshoots could help focus the story - but adding a whole new character at the last minute seems like a desperation move.

Diggame

Sep 7, 2009
STL
Well they actually showed a near-finished product to test audiences last month and it got "meh" reviews. That gives me some hope that it's at least not Fantastic Four-caliber, and maybe reshoots could help focus the story - but adding a whole new character at the last minute seems like a desperation move.

So it basically was some of the other X men movie type reaction? Do they have any rumor who they are adding?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Crap. I've been waiting a long time for a New Mutants movie. Always loved those comics and all of the characters.

I actually kind of liked the horror aspect as it would be something new rather than the standard origin story movie.

I hope they can fix it and make it a good movie.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
No idea. Right now the mutant cast is Sunspot, Mirage, Wolfsbane, Magik, and Cannonball.

It was Sunspot in The Gifted TV series right???? I'm not great on my mutant character knowledge outside of the main core X-Men team. If it is the same character, that is obviously a signal that either Fox still cares nothing about continuity or the X-Men TV series just isn't part of the X-Men movie world.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I don't think Sunspot is in the Gifted.

I'd love if super hero movies could pull off different genres. I just don't trust Fox at all and wish they would get taken over by Disney ASAP.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
http://collider.com/deadpool-2-reshoots-details/#images

Collider article trying to set the record straight on Deadpool 2s reshoots and the initial audience reactions:

We’re hearing that the first Deadpool 2 test screening was in January, when the film tested around 90 or 91 out of 100. The studio then had another test screening after more editing had been completed, at which point the film tested in the high 90s. However, while both test screenings went well, our sources tell us that crowds in both screenings had the same “complaint”: They wanted to see more of both Zazie Beets’ character Domino and Josh Brolin’s character Cable.

Reshoots, or additional photography, have become a normal part of the moviemaking process, especially when it comes to blockbusters. So when the Deadpool 2 reshoots rolled around recently, they specifically focused on adding more scenes with Domino and Cable to address this note that came up quite a bit during the film’s test screenings.

So yeah, according to our sources Deadpool 2 did not test poorly, and reshoots were not ordered to fix the movie. They’re simply adding more scenes of two new characters given how well test audiences responded to them in the first place.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
http://collider.com/deadpool-2-reshoots-details/#images

Collider article trying to set the record straight on Deadpool 2s reshoots and the initial audience reactions:

We’re hearing that the first Deadpool 2 test screening was in January, when the film tested around 90 or 91 out of 100. The studio then had another test screening after more editing had been completed, at which point the film tested in the high 90s. However, while both test screenings went well, our sources tell us that crowds in both screenings had the same “complaint”: They wanted to see more of both Zazie Beets’ character Domino and Josh Brolin’s character Cable.

Reshoots, or additional photography, have become a normal part of the moviemaking process, especially when it comes to blockbusters. So when the Deadpool 2 reshoots rolled around recently, they specifically focused on adding more scenes with Domino and Cable to address this note that came up quite a bit during the film’s test screenings.

So yeah, according to our sources Deadpool 2 did not test poorly, and reshoots were not ordered to fix the movie. They’re simply adding more scenes of two new characters given how well test audiences responded to them in the first place.

Almost like ordering your movie how you'd like it.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
People go way too crazy over reshoots now. Every movie has reshoots, and it usually isn't a bad sign at all unless it's Justice League.

• Funny
Reactions: State43

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron