***Big 10 Thread***

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
The first Cook to Mizzou rumors were in January which means that Cuonzo Martin was probably tampering. I remember some interview where Fran said that if he suspected another team of tampering then he would block that school no exception. So this could get pretty entertaining.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The first Cook to Mizzou rumors were in January which means that Cuonzo Martin was probably tampering. I remember some interview where Fran said that if he suspected another team of tampering then he would block that school no exception. So this could get pretty entertaining.

That’s good detective work. Interesting.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Fran would get lit up by the media if he blocked Mizzou. Home state school, different conference and you won't play them. Of course if he transfers somewhere tampering was involved but cut your losses and go scour the CIML for a replacement instead of bringing more attention to it

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Fran would get lit up by the media if he blocked Mizzou. Home state school, different conference and you won't play them. Of course if he transfers somewhere tampering was involved but cut your losses and go scour the CIML for a replacement instead of bringing more attention to it

The newton kid?

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
Honestly, I don't think Fran gives a damn about what people think of him and he's stubborn enough to fight this regardless of the optics. Of course unless Cuonzo and his staff were morons when they were tampering there isn't going to be any proof.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
7 or 8 teams from the B12 can make the NCAA's from a 10 team league. 4 or 5 teams from the B1G can make the NCAA's from a 14 team league.
To even think that we play the same caliber of teams is ridiculous.
What do you disagree with @breck53 ?
As of today Lunardi has 8 B12 teams in, and 4 B1G teams in.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
How cool would it be if JorBo won the Disney Spirit Award at the ESPYs. Two years in a row for Iowa? Gotta be a contender already with all the national love the situation is getting.
If JorBo would have waved toward the Children's Hospital before missing the FT, he would have been a shoe-in for the award.

cyclonestans

Dec 20, 2013
Iowa
Hard to know for sure but he sent a tweet saying life is bigger than basketball after game so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd still have missed it. Classy move, proud to have him on the team.

My only question is why didnt he just throw the ball back to the ref? Thats what Chris Paul did after his grandpa passed. I am not saying he tried to make it, just wonder why he didnt take all doubt away and toss it back to the ref.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
When Cook decides to transfer are the Hawkeye fans going to be all over Fran or spin it that it's no big deal?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron