Fran is Mad Again

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Hawks won't be adding anything to their team next year to help them defensively IMO, so it won't matter. The slow footed McCaffrey brothers and Weiskamp will just be more traffic cones out there on defense.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
It most certainly was when he got there. It was a no tradition job isolated away from Phoenix

True, but it was also considered a school with the resources and recruiting footprint to be a very good ball school. I've always thought USC fits that bill but hasn't really put it all together.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Hawks won't be adding anything to their team next year to help them defensively IMO, so it won't matter. The slow footed McCaffrey brothers and Weiskamp will just be more traffic cones out there on defense.
Iowa's defensive woes have more to them than just foot speed. Some things can be corrected, don't know if they will be....

ISU has the same problems on D, bad communication, poor rotations and fighting through screens....

Last edited:

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Iowa's defensive woes have more to them than just foot speed. Some things can be corrected, don't know if they will be....

ISU has same problems on D, bad communication, poor rotations and fighting through screens....

Agree that those problems plague the ISU defense. On a side note, tho, I'm still surprised that Iowa NEVER put it all together once this season to be able to knock off a ranked team. I mean, have they even beat a team in the top 100?? Unless Wisconsin is, but I don't think so. That's almost unheard of.
Believe it or not, I'm really not piling on them, (after all ISU is in last place too). I just bring it up because I think Fran should feel fortunate that the Iowa fans have been as tolerant as they have. He should be praising them, not getting mad for some understandable questions.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

ISU has same problems on D, bad communication, poor rotations and fighting through screens....
ISU has major non-athletic based problems on defense. The upside is there, but they could use some time with Tim Floyd.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Iowa's defensive problems are mostly do to being so unathletic. When you guys had Gesell, Clemmons and Uthoff you were actually pretty good defensively

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Dexterhawk, what happened to Uhl this yr? He seemed to play some last yr if I remember right this yr he seemed to be buried deep in the bench. Not trying to be a jerk just curious what happened?

D

Deleted member 8507

Agree that those problems plague the ISU defense. On a side note, tho, I'm still surprised that Iowa NEVER put it all together once this season to be able to knock off a ranked team. I mean, have they even beat a team in the top 100?? Unless Wisconsin is, but I don't think so. That's almost unheard of.
Believe it or not, I'm really not piling on them, (after all ISU is in last place too). I just bring it up because I think Fran should feel fortunate that the Iowa fans have been as tolerant as they have. He should be praising them, not getting mad for some understandable questions.
One win (Colorado) in the top 100.
https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/team-comparison/IOWA/undefined

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Dexterhawk, what happened to Uhl this yr? He seemed to play some last yr if I remember right this yr he seemed to be buried deep in the bench. Not trying to be a jerk just curious what happened?

Crazy to think he was once considered a 5 star recruit too

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I was actually thinking he could be a surprise this year, being a Senior and he showed some promise as a Freshman/Soph....

Anyway, I don't think the light ever clicked on for Uhl....he played most of his life in Germany and with a few exceptions the youth club bball in Germany is horrendous. I lived in Germany until recently and a buddy of mine has his kids (ages 13,15) on a club bball team in Wittlich, Germany. Anyway, it's horrible...only club teams worth a crap are affiliated with the top Bundesliga teams.

He had decent shooting ability his first two years even though his shot is a little mechanically unsound but he went stone cold last year. Never looked like the game came naturally to him....was very hesitant to take a shot last year and that's carried over....hasn't ever seemed like he had a fire for the game either.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Closest we came was against MSU at home....just been a really bad year....understatement.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I may possibly debate the statement that the jobs weren’t as good as Iowa’s. Didn’t they all basically do better at their next job. I would say you are placing Iowa to high on the list of jobs.

They left a good situation at Iowa for places that needed work. The Iowa job compared to the jobs they took was a better job. Iowa was in a better place 10 years ago than it is now.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Meh, about the same amount that Arizona is about to drop firing Miller and hiring a new coach...fairly easy for a BIG team to absorb given their conference $'s. I want Fran to stay though...
Miller's contract would be a little over $5M for a without cause firing. Isn't Fran's contract buyout currently $10M?

• Funny
Reactions: wing59

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron