Fran is Mad Again

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Running off Lute and firing Davis was good for ISU and a great way to shoot themselves in the foot. Now if they keep KF around for a while then let his boy inherit the job things should fall nicely in line for Iowa mediocracy and ISU growth. Please let Barta stay long enough for this to happen.

That's an interesting take o_O

Last edited:

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
Running off Lute and firing Davis was good for ISU and a great way to shoot themselves in the foot. Now if they keep KF around for a while then let his boy inherit the job things should fall nicely in line for Iowa mediocracy and ISU growth. Please let Barta stay long enough for this to happen.
Yeah, Iowa ran off Lute so hard that they built him a new arena.

• Funny
Reactions: dexterhawk

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
What body of work is he talking about? Mid pack finishes in the conference. 2.5 NCAA tourney trips. Has he won a Big 10 tourney game? If you count doing well in the NIT then I guess he has done something. He will tell you he does it the right way, I guess. All Fran has really done is make Iowa average on a good year, using players that are lifelong Iowa fans or legacy players.

Maybe he's referring to his time at Sienna?

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Not sure why anyone is upset about this. He's 100 percent right. His body of work does not include him being a female homosexual coach. Nor does it include anything involving NCAA infractions.

Sounds like it checks all the boxes Barta considers when making termination decisions. In that regard it is a dumb question.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Ok so maybe running off Lute might be a bit of an exaggeration. I always heard he left because of the living in a fish bowl type situation don't know if that is true or not.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

Isn't that what happened?

In the last 40 years Iowa, Iowa has fired 1 coach and forced one to retire early. The other have left for jobs that were not as good as the Iowa job. Fran will end up doing the same.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

In the last 40 years Iowa, Iowa has fired 1 coach and forced one to retire early. The other have left for jobs that were not as good as the Iowa job. Fran will end up doing the same.
\mo valley get ready for the rage!

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Lute had gotten perpetually testy.
They built the arena because he demanded it and he left anyway.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Ok so maybe running off Lute might be a bit of an exaggeration. I always heard he left because of the living in a fish bowl type situation don't know if that is true or not.
The story I always heard was that Bobbi (his wife) loved the Arizona weather and didn't like the "fishbowl"....

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013

He won a NC at Arizona. I don't think that job was worse than Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53 and cyfan21

scottl2001

Oct 8, 2017
Can Iowa even realistically fire Mad Fran after his contract extension? Buyout & hire a new solid coach will take mucho $$$

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I may possibly debate the statement that the jobs weren’t as good as Iowa’s. Didn’t they all basically do better at their next job. I would say you are placing Iowa to high on the list of jobs.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Can Iowa even realistically fire Mad Fran after his contract extension? Buyout & hire a new solid coach will take mucho $$$
Meh, about the same amount that Arizona is about to drop firing Miller and hiring a new coach...fairly easy for a BIG team to absorb given their conference $'s. I want Fran to stay though...

• Funny
Reactions: MartinCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron