*** Official IOWA STATE Vs West Virginia Gameday Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Respectable effort by the guys tonight. Hopefully DJ comes back and plays well and we can get a W on senior night.

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
I hate to harp on it too much considering the limitations this team is dealing with but it's frustrating once again to come out of halftime super flat. 2 points in the first 5 minutes.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
There is no such thing as an offense when you have 1 person on the court who can create a shot and would be considered an average or above average offensive player. When every single other person is average (I'll give Lard average) or worse (everyone else), it doesn't bode well for an offense looking good.

43% from the field and 70 on the board is a damn near miracle with the lineup we trot out there tonight.

8 turnovers? Absolutely fantastic.

Free throw shooting? Well, that's something we can work on in practice with 7 bodies!

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
With an 18 point lead, why leave your starters in to get a possible turned ankle, shoulder injury , or concussion? Do you need to run up the score so the hillbillies get a free Mountain Dew?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Offensive Coordinator. Guess I was not in a hurry.

Ah, I figured offensive something but wasn’t sure.

I think our offense relies on transition buckets, probably more so this year without a lot of shooters. Pretty tough to do that in this situation. Healthy, I think we would have beat WV again.

• Agree
Reactions: Rural and othercy

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Did someone fail to tell the ref's that they aren't in Phog Allen? I was waiting for Self to jump out on the court.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Offensive. He seems to think that basketball is like football.
Yes. I have brought this up before. We need an asst head coach who is responsible for bringing an offense to our game. We cannot run plays to get open 3's. We never lean into a defender to get a 3 point foul shot, when tightly guarded. We cannot run plays to get Lard the ball. We have difficulty running a pick and roll. We do not know how to make contested layups. We are hurried on most possessions to get any respectable shot off.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
A lot of positives to around out of this experience. Talley has really been a revelation here late. His range of skills is going to be a great piece to have going forward.

Wigginton was fantastic for a freshman. Lard didn’t get a lot of opportunities but still produced.

These minutes may be more important for Lewis than any other reason. Good job out of Beverly too. Jakolby did fine but didn’t look to score. Minutes from Brase were important.

Our returning core is exciting, and doubly so when you add Shayok, Jacobson and a great recruiting class. No question we will have a say in the Big 12 next year.

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
There is no such thing as an offense when you have 1 person on the court who can create a shot and would be considered an average or above average offensive player. When every single other person is average (I'll give Lard average) or worse (everyone else), it doesn't bode well for an offense looking good.

43% from the field and 70 on the board is a damn near miracle with the lineup we trot out there tonight.

8 turnovers? Absolutely fantastic.

Free throw shooting? Well, that's something we can work on in practice with 7 bodies!

Are you lindell? He seems to think he is the only decent player also.