Been digging around on the Monte situation....

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
The stuff that came out yesterday is tip of the iceberg. The FBI does not care about meals and small loans, whether they get paid back or not. They get involved in serious crimes. The stuff revealed yesterday outside of the Sean Miller news is really small compared to the kind of stuff that came out surrounding Pitino.

There is very big news on the horizon that I really cannot imagine involves us.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
When it comes to punishment the NCAA is the schizophrenic aunt we all keep in the attic. You never know what **** it's going to do. I'll keep my bat and can of mace handy thank You.

CloneInLA

Mar 7, 2017
The stuff that came out yesterday is tip of the iceberg. The FBI does not care about meals and small loans, whether they get paid back or not. They get involved in serious crimes. The stuff revealed yesterday outside of the Sean Miller news is really small compared to the kind of stuff that came out surrounding Pitino.

Agree 100%. While Miller was a top agent, there’s others that are talking and more importantly, shoe executives who are talking. No idea where this leads but it isn’t stopping here. My question in regards to Arizona and Ayton, if this is true, are all schools paying for players in some way? Is it mostly “blue bloods” paying for top talent (ku, uk, duke etc) or is it mostly 2nd tier teams that want to be elite like Az and Louisville? This could get really, really bad

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
About what I was thinking. Not terribly worried about the overall situation.
Big news flash on our top TV station in AZ last night that Sean Miller was recorded on a wiretap telling Dawkins that he wanted to be the one that gave $100,000 to their top recruit last year (can't remember the name but projected as probable first pick in next draft.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I certainly hope not, but given some big things are coming I can't seem to find my ability to joke about this Monte thing.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
In a strange way, this may be very good news because it means that Monte's brunch was the worst thing they had to report. If there had been suspicions of anything worse, they would have been included.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
In a strange way, this may be very good news because it means that Monte's brunch was the worst thing they had to report. If there had been suspicions of anything worse, they would have been included.
What was reported is completely independent of the FBI investigation.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I'm a little skeptical that this is ALL that we will hear about the Monte Morris/Dawkins relationship. When the FBI gets involved, I seriously doubt that a supposed paid breakfast by Dawkins is all that they were investigating. I hope I'm wrong, but the vibe I'm getting is that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm a little skeptical that this is ALL that we will hear about the Monte Morris/Dawkins relationship. When the FBI gets involved, I seriously doubt that a supposed paid breakfast by Dawkins is all that they were investigating. I hope I'm wrong, but the vibe I'm getting is that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Of course a breakfast wasn't all they were investigating. The whole story was about loans and other payments made. And there was a section on meals. See this is where the local media confuses people. You seem to think that Monte was a main focus of the story that was released on Friday. He was a very minor part of it.

Monte didn't sign with Dawkins, so I am not sure that Dawkins was giving Monte a lot of benefits just for fun. Dawkins did have a more extensive relationship with Colin Sexton. And we all know that Monte and Colin trained together for a few weeks in Atlanta over the summers. I'm guessing that Dawkins was making contact with Sexton and happened to run into Monte.

I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg in regards to CBB and I'd never be shocked if an Iowa State player was involved. But I would be shocked if there was anything more to Monte and Dawkins specifically.

• Agree
Reactions: SerenityNow

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
You’re wrong because your logic is bad.

Of course the FBI wasn’t investigating dinner etiquette. That’s all they found on Morris when looking for financial crimes. It’s not complicated.

• Friendly
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I think there are going to be bigger fish to fry once the full report is released. I'm not too worried about it.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
You’re wrong because your logic is bad.

Of course the FBI wasn’t investigating dinner etiquette. That’s all they found on Morris when looking for financial crimes. It’s not complicated.

The ONLY reason (good gawd I hope so anyway) MM was mentioned was because the actual copy of records were released about the loans to players and MM's breakfast (whether paid for or not) was on the sheet. Willing to bet my left nut MM has zero to do with the FBI investigation and zero to do with any NCAA issues,

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The ONLY reason (good gawd I hope so anyway) MM was mentioned was because the actual copy of records were released about the loans to players and MM's breakfast (whether paid for or not) was on the sheet. Willing to bet my left nut MM has zero to do with the FBI investigation and zero to do with any NCAA issues,
Agree. Unfortunately his name was used by talentless members of the media needing site hits.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron