Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Freezing rain again. :(

This week has just sucked weather-wise. Hubby and the oldest started the week in Omaha on Monday, they still had ice on the car when they got home at 6:30pm. No school on Tuesday, roads were crap yet Wednesday morning. Thankfully the sun melted everything by noonish. Yesterday morning more ice, 2hr school delay. Now this stuff coming through today. The oldest has their last jazz competition today, they don't play until 6:30pm tonight just north of DSM. They are looking for a first place finish so they can qualify for state. They already missed one competition due to snow in January.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Fun morning. Besides the house work completed, I found the name of my old My Little Pony that had wings that you could move. She was a flutter Pony. Apparently, they were a one time trail.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm still here. Just slammed with work the past few weeks. Did I read correctly that BC is coming to San Anton?

That was the plan as of 9 pm last night. With the FIL passing, now the wife is thinking that it might be better for her to go to PHX to assist her mom to see the wife's sister. I'm about to just say F it and take my three kids myself. Wife always wants to go somewhere. She chaperones mission trips every year to something, this year Houston, last year black Hills, time before Boston. I finally have a time to get out and she wants to kabosh it, so I may just take the kids myself.

Its been 3-4 years since I've left this place and its getting old.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
My nephew (freshman at ISU) has a thing for Emily Durr ever since the WBB was sideline at a football game and he talked to some of them during the pregame show while in the marching band. He said the girls were pretty "happy" at the time. Anyway, last week Emily was signing autographs after the game so he got his ticket and a poster signed. Tonight was senior night and he got to sit courtside since my parents decided not to make the trip down. He ended up winning a small basketball signed by the 2 seniors because there was a special ticket under his seat. #luckyguy

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
U.S. Curling team missed a great marketing opportunity by not a having a cooler of their favorite beer, in the stands and then grabbing it and popping a cold one after winning the gold.

Curling the sport that gives me hope that I could be an Olympian:rolleyes:. (Well probably not but a guy can dream.)

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Finland holds off Russia in the classic style 50 Km cross country ski race. #SportIWouldn'tDo.
Crazy the stamina they have. Kid that won is young for Xcountry in his low 20's. if I heard right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron