Senior Night VS #6 Texas

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
21-17 Texas after 1 qtr.

I won't be able to watch the game until 9am Sunday when it re-airs on a channel I get.
Here's hoping for a good game to watch in the morning.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well my tickets got used but I didn't attend, supper meeting 4 me tonight. Sounds like they stayed fairly close and lost.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
It was a good effort, but I don't know how many of our shots rimmed out of the hoop while it seemed like everything Texas put up went in without touching anything but net. The 3s didn't fall, especially. Claire and Emily both did video thank you/farewell speeches that were shown during timeouts. They had the framed jersey presentation after the game with the families on the court. But there was no speech or anything said by anyone other than the PA announcer, which I found odd and disappointing. I know the speeches used to take a long time, but it seems like something is missing to not have anyone say anything during the actual bit at the end.

One more try for a win at the rectangular dump where KU plays Tuesday. It would be nice to get that win and keep the streak of never having fewer than seven Big 12 wins in a season going. Not that it means anything in particular, but it would be one less way for a sub-par season to stand out in the history books. Maybe there is a win to be found in OKC as well - it's been such a long time since they won even a single post-season game.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I was told that the year we started the videos was because that is what the players wanted. I miss the girls saying something but when you have a number of seniors and some had long speeches I know some people felt it was too long. Maybe they could do the videos and then just let each player make a short statement.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
I think what people and referring too, is that this year the videos were really short (Less than a minute each) and were played during timeouts and were not part of the post game ceremony. While I agree that having them taped is a good idea. they need to go back to having them after the game. The ones this year seemed rushed and too short.

I figure that they changed to during timeouts so that more people would see it. Sadly, many folks leave and never see the post game stuff. I always stick around afterwords as a show of respect to the SR's. They have worked hard for us fans for 4 years and we should see their last Hilton moment and hear what they have to say!!

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I wasn't able to make the game and went to Cytv for the senior stuff. Surprised to just see the presentation of framed jerseys. Hopefully the put the senior videos during timeouts online for those that couldn't make the game.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
I wasn't able to make the game and went to Cytv for the senior stuff. Surprised to just see the presentation of framed jerseys. Hopefully the put the senior videos during timeouts online for those that couldn't make the game.

They are Check Twitter or I can try too embed them here

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
I'll try to get the videos to load

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/emdurr?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@emdurr</a> took a moment to thank <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/cyclONEnation?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#cyclONEnation</a> for their amazing support over the last 4 seasons! <a href="https://t.co/L6R61Knm5i">pic.twitter.com/L6R61Knm5i</a></p>&mdash; Cyclone Basketball (@CycloneWBB) <a href="">February 25, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reactions: gizzsdad

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
and Claire

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/claire_ricketts?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@claire_ricketts</a> took a moment to thank <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/cyclONEnation?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#cyclONEnation</a> for an incredible 4 years with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cyclones?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Cyclones</a>! <a href="https://t.co/GkBNZnceFR">pic.twitter.com/GkBNZnceFR</a></p>&mdash; Cyclone Basketball (@CycloneWBB) <a href="">February 25, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reactions: gizzsdad

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
@riceville98 :
If you click on the original tweet from Cyclone Basketball, and click to open the specific tweet thread, there is a little down-arrow in the upper right corner of the tweet. If you click on that, the first option is "copy link to tweet". Click on that. You should see a little box at the top that says "link copied". Now come back to CF. In the icon bar in the top of the "Post reply" box, there is a smilies icon. Two icons to the right is an icon for media. Click on that. When it opens up, right click on the line at the top, and click paste. Then click the imbed button, and voila - you have the tweet imbedded without all of the html garbage.

Of course, this only works on a computer. If you're using a mobile device, someone else will have to help you. :)

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
@riceville98 :
If you click on the original tweet from Cyclone Basketball, and click to open the specific tweet thread, there is a little down-arrow in the upper right corner of the tweet. If you click on that, the first option is "copy link to tweet". Click on that. You should see a little box at the top that says "link copied". Now come back to CF. In the icon bar in the top of the "Post reply" box, there is a smilies icon. Two icons to the right is an icon for media. Click on that. When it opens up, right click on the line at the top, and click paste. Then click the imbed button, and voila - you have the tweet imbedded without all of the html garbage.

Of course, this only works on a computer. If you're using a mobile device, someone else will have to help you. :)

Thanks I knew there was a way to do it without all the coding trash with it but, didn't know how Did what I could Now I know Thanks

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I think what people and referring too, is that this year the videos were really short (Less than a minute each) and were played during timeouts and were not part of the post game ceremony. While I agree that having them taped is a good idea. they need to go back to having them after the game. The ones this year seemed rushed and too short.

I figure that they changed to during timeouts so that more people would see it. Sadly, many folks leave and never see the post game stuff. I always stick around afterwords as a show of respect to the SR's. They have worked hard for us fans for 4 years and we should see their last Hilton moment and hear what they have to say!!

I sit behind the scorer's table and one of the game day ops people were having some pointed words with them at the end of the ceremony and shortly after as people were leaving they replayed the videos. I think someone messed up the script and the videos were supposed to play after the seniors were introduced.

• Informative
Reactions: riceville98

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
I sit behind the scorer's table and one of the game day ops people were having some pointed words with them at the end of the ceremony and shortly after as people were leaving they replayed the videos. I think someone messed up the script and the videos were supposed to play after the seniors were introduced.

Interesting Hope it was just a 1 year mistake!!

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
i agree that I don't like how the Women do senior day.. didn't seem very "special" at all.. even if you have the players do videos, I'd like to see some comments from the coaching staff.. and I was appalled by all the fans leaving and not sticking around to honor our seniors.

As to the game, another game.. same script. .. this team is so close to being able to win games, seems low we make a push in all the games, but can't ever get over the hump..

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
i agree that I don't like how the Women do senior day.. didn't seem very "special" at all.. even if you have the players do videos, I'd like to see some comments from the coaching staff.. and I was appalled by all the fans leaving and not sticking around to honor our seniors.

The coaching staff has never made comments on senior night.

The pre-produced videos were done so the players wouldn't have to make speeches, and run the risk of those speeches going 15-20 minutes each (which actually happened in previous years).

Videos were shown during timeouts, with announcements to that effect. Paying attention is apparently super hard.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
The coaching staff has never made comments on senior night.

The pre-produced videos were done so the players wouldn't have to make speeches, and run the risk of those speeches going 15-20 minutes each (which actually happened in previous years).

Videos were shown during timeouts, with announcements to that effect. Paying attention is apparently super hard.

I was there and saw them.. I was saying what I would like to see. The current way it's done doesn't seem like a celebration of the seniors, that's all I was saying.