Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Doesn't need to be. Probably under the table deal written in Fran's contract to have their schooling paid. Barta has all the bases covered!

Link?

The contract is public record, I am sure you can’t find this if it’s in there.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I don't see how Wieskamp isn't a starter. He immediately is one of the most talented kids on the roster. It is not like he is joining a top level team and it isn't like there are great guards he has to beat out.

Even if he does start its hard for a Freshmen to come in and make a big difference. Wigginton is damn good and he has his struggles and would struggle more if he had to carry the team more than he does. Morris was also good as a Freshman but had an outstanding core to help him out. To think an average Freshmen is going to come in and change your program is a big reach.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Why would Moss choose to lose a year of eligibility and transfer?

If he was smart like Talley he could graduate and go somewhere with two to play without sitting out. I think he'd be a good fit at Loyola alongside Custer actually

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
is there something going on with the Barnstormers coach who coached a bunch of Iowa recruits?

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
If he was smart like Talley he could graduate and go somewhere with two to play without sitting out. I think he'd be a good fit at Loyola alongside Custer actually

I highly doubt there is anyway Moss could graduate and play next year. He didnt get to campus until August of his freshman year and it was pretty well documented back at that time that the adjustment to college was going to be difficult for him.

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I highly doubt there is anyway Moss could graduate and play next year. He didnt get to campus until August of his freshman year and it was pretty well documented back at that time that the adjustment to college was going to be difficult for him.

Random question but is Ellingson getting recognized as a senior on senior night or is he coming back?

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
is there something going on with the Barnstormers coach who coached a bunch of Iowa recruits?

One of their head guys posts on the HR pay board. I will be interested to see if he shares any details on the board. I doubt it but I will be checking.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Random question but is Ellingson getting recognized as a senior on senior night or is he coming back?

No, Uhl and Charlie Rose are the only ones listed as being honored this weekend.

Not sure if he is coming back though.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You really get butt hurt about the strangest things.

I'm not butthurt about anything I honestly think it's funny. Most AAU coaches would try to hide their affiliations and they don't. Now if it was a Milwaukee or Chicago AAU program than yes that would be a different story but Fran can keep locking up the border all he wants

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I'm not butthurt about anything I honestly think it's funny. Most AAU coaches would try to hide their affiliations and they don't. Now if it was a Milwaukee or Chicago AAU program than yes that would be a different story but Fran can keep locking up the border all he wants

I have seen several of your posts complaining about them and their Hawkeye ties.

Kind of strange to post about it so much if you dont care.

• Creative
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I have seen several of your posts complaining about them and their Hawkeye ties.

Kind of strange to post about it so much if you dont care.

I care enough because I think it's really funny. Like they seriously went to Twitter to complain about Connor not winning Mr. Basketball when one of their other players won it who wasn't going to Iowa. Lol that's pretty hilarious

• Funny
Reactions: Rural and YeahBuddy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Can walk ones transfer without sitting a year? Was thinking it was scholly guys who had to sit. Pretty smart of Fran to make the boys walk ons. Just have the university bump your pay a little in a new contract, Fran didn't get a new contract this year did he? Gets you a player for free and can transfer immediately if you are canned

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron