C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Where: Hilton Coliseum - Ames, Iowa
When: Saturday, Feb. 17 at 3 p.m.
Projected Starting Lineup: Bridget Carleton, Madison Wise, Adriana Camber, Meredith Burkhall, Emily Durr
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Brent Blum (PxP); Molly Parrott (color)
TV: Cyclones.tv

Tech is 7-18, 1-13 in the conference. The Sisters beat them in Lubbock 66-54.

As we know Bride is shut down for the season, hopefully Claire can continue her recent aggressive play.

Let's Go State!

Last edited:

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I know the above info was taken from the Cyclones.com release, but they got Tech's record WAY wrong. They are 7-18, 1-13.

Hard to believe ISU is still looking for Big 12 home win number two, but this game presents just that opportunity. Get that season sweep!!

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I know the above info was taken from the Cyclones.com release, but they got Tech's record WAY wrong. They are 7-18, 1-13.
Fixed it. Got in a hurry and did the old cut'n paste.
Thanks

Reactions: Buster28

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
As long as Emily and Madison keep yo their recent performances, this should be an easy win

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
A tad cold from outside the arc so far.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Nice drive by Camber at the end of the first. Too often on offense she (like most of our players) ends up just camping out on the arc.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
The number of people on the visitors' bench outnumbers the students pretty much every game.

There weren't many students today - but I think part of that may be because today was Girl Scouts day, and the troops sat in 101 and 102.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I still can't believe we attempt so many 3 pt shots instead of working for better looks. Molly Parrott again questioned why not try higher percentage shots from in closer,

Play a decent team, and this would be a blowout the other way. I just can't believe how little production we get out of the post.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
There weren't many students today - but I think part of that may be because today was Girl Scouts day, and the troops sat in 101 and 102.

Scouts had nothing to do with it. The "student section" for WBB is always 4-5 Cyclone Alley kids, and maybe 10 others. The only exception is if they're giving out free swag (shirt), or some high-dollar raffle item (electronics).

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
As with most attendance-related talk regarding the women's team, it's important to remember that things were simply better at the beginning of the last decade. There was actually a decently populated student section for virtually every game. But WBB was the "in" thing at Iowa State in the Frese-Taylor-Welle era. Consider that from the 97-98 through 01-02 seasons, ISU went 74-6 in Hilton Coliseum (and 4 of those losses were in the 01-02 season alone). That kind of record buys a lot of free promotion and drives interest. Being a consistent winner will boost the number of butts in the seats almost every time. 15 out of the 22 games on ISU's best-attended list were in that era (ALL wins, btw), including six games each with more than 13,000 fans. Most students at Iowa State today would have no memory of "the good old days" because they likely weren't even in kindergarten yet.

But I was actually happy to see that the lower bowl was as full as it's been in quite some time yesterday, regardless of the reason. The team didn't shoot well, but fortunately neither did Tech. ISU was 7-38 from long-range. But they handled the ball well and allowed zero points to be scored off their 6 turnovers. It doesn't matter to me that we swept Tech, the worst team in the league, or won our first home game since December 28th. With as disappointing as this season has been in the W-L column, I'll take the victories where I can find them. Carleton and Durr both had very nice games today. Scott seems to be getting back into the swing of playing again - 9 rebounds in 12 minutes, plus a few points. If ISU is only able to win even one more game (Kansas, most likely), it will continue the streak of never having won fewer than seven Big 12 games in a season. I suppose I could hang my hat on that until next season.

• Creative
Reactions: casey1973

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
My daughter and I attended the game yesterday. We had a really good time. It has been a long time since we have been to a women's game because we live in Indiana and my daughter just finished up her HS basketball career. We can only watch games on TV or online. One thing I mentioned to her was how different this season would have been had Jadda played. I think she may have added at least 6 more wins this year

kcdc4isu

Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
My daughter and I attended the game yesterday. We had a really good time. It has been a long time since we have been to a women's game because we live in Indiana and my daughter just finished up her HS basketball career. We can only watch games on TV or online. One thing I mentioned to her was how different this season would have been had Jadda played. I think she may have added at least 6 more wins this year

Glad you could make it. By the way where were your seats? A father daughter(she had an impressive letter jacket on) set in our section.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Glad you could make it. By the way where were your seats? A father daughter(she had an impressive letter jacket on) set in our section.
I think it was section 103. That was likely us. We went to the state wrestling tournament Friday night to watch a cousin and we both noticed that most kids in Iowa don't wear letter jackets. In Indiana it is very popular for kids from schools all across the state to wear letter jackets. She does have an impressive jacket. Lots of work went into those patches. She loves ISU and she was really excited to see Maddie Wise play for the Cyclones. Her team plays Maddie's HS team each season. It was a fun day

Help Support Us

Become a patron