Tom Herman comments on Iowa State's recruiting

cyclonevac

Feb 11, 2016
Between the lines "Iowa State is supposed to be a bottom feeder. We don;t want more competition either on the field or the recruiting trail. Somebody make them stop."

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone06

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Sounds like super genius Tom just isn't very good at college recruiting. It's not a draft where you get all the 1st round picks.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I have a mental image of Herman driving up to a recruits house in his burnt orange Escalade. Grabbing his folder full of paperwork and climbing out.

Then Campbell come out on the front porch, shaking the recruits hand and hugging the recruits mom.

And Herman says, "Son of a *****!"

...and CMC greets Herman with two middle fingers and a 'Dilly dilly!'

• Funny
Reactions: cyhiphopp

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
The fact of the matter is, Herman doesn't have much longer to play the "not my guys" card, and when he's signing top 5 recruiting classes, there won't be much room for any excuses. I'm not convinced he's a great coach, but he's got a little time.

CyCal

Apr 22, 2014
My favorite reply on that forum is this one from Ryan_Sublett:

"Herman says and does curious things during press conferences. This would be one of them. Why compare Iowa state to Texas in recruiting? Sure Texas gives out fewer offers because they can for the most part pick the guys they want. Iowa state is not going to have that luxury. For them it’s a numbers game. Just an odd thing to go after from Tom Herman. **** you just reeled in the best recruiting class in the conference and OU made the playoff last year. Talk about that

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
Time to pound this guy on the football field. ISU coaches have to work 100 times harder than Texas to land a recruit, so they have to try all legal means necessary.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
The conversion rate for these higher rated kids is going to be less for ISU than at a big name school like Texas. That’s really all there is to it. We’ve gotten our higher ranked recruits by being in early with an offer. Cambell and his staff have to actually put in effort to recruit because they’re not showing up with a longhorn or an A on their shirts.

They have to offer more kids. And it’s working.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Can't wait for the next opportunity to out play and out coach them with our so called 3 star talent.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
It's sad the butt hurt they disrespected us are the threads that seem to live on forever. #changetheculture

LincolnSwinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 10, 2008
I have a mental image of Herman driving up to a recruits house in his burnt orange Escalade. Grabbing his folder full of paperwork and climbing out.

Then Campbell come out on the front porch, shaking the recruits hand and hugging the recruits mom.

And Herman says, "Son of a *****!"
I like to picture Campbell in a tuxedo t-shirt because it says, like, "I want to be formal, but I'm here to party too."