Tom Herman comments on Iowa State's recruiting

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I guess if ISU had 200 4-5 star recruits to choose from they would probably offer fewer guys. As far as I'm concerned CMC and his staff of coaches are the hardest working recruiters in the country. They have gone out and found 300 guys that will improve their program and are interested in coming to ISU. A lot of those guys will drop out pretty fast because they have already decided where they want to go and are just waiting for the offer. They don't pull offers, but if some other guy they that they have identify chooses ISU first, they are going to back away just like everyone else.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Tom Herman said, "Iowa State led all power five schools with documented scholarship offers. He said Texas had the fifth fewest. He wants everybody to know when they make an offer, it's because they wanted their guy."

When they notice you it means they do not like how you are now a viable threat to recruiting and wins.

True. He could have easily pointed out that they were 5th fewest and never mentioned another school. Tom is nervous about being outdone by someone with a fraction of his resources. I love it.

Last edited:

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Teams like ISU have two options, offer more to account for the higher turndown rate vs say... Texas, or stop offering guys that may end up with blue blood offers.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
What is he even ******** about? He had a top 10 class. Did ISU even beat them on any kid head to head?

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Need I say more?

tenor.gif
8 lbs sledges are for pussies.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This is a huge positive. They're not talking about you unless they see you as a treat.
I think Hermon just said welcome to the party CMC.

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
I LOVE IT!!!

I never understand why coaches whine about how ISU recruits when there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. If what CMC is doing is some kind of advantage, then why aren't you doing it? It's not illegal.

I keep going back to when anchoring the long putters against your body was completely legal in the PGA, but some golfers would complain that it was an unfair advantage. If it's an advantage, and it's legal, then why aren't you doing it?

The fact that Texas is whining about ISU in recruiting is AWESOME! You can tell CMC loves it too. His response was perfect by saying "I love the flattery from Texas..... ".
I think it's the fact that after the bowl game CMC said something to the effect of "It's about finding the right kids" and then he proceeds to offer more kids than every other school.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Tom Herman should show us!! Get the rest of the big boys to pull their offers from anyone we have offered and force us to live with all those 5 star recruits and have to tell a few no. In fact screw us for a couple years by doing that. Think how bad it would be to have two years of five star recruits. That would show us.

You will know hermy is really butt hurt when his wife starts tweeting about us. Maybe she smiles every time Campbell gets mentioned and TH is nervous.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron