Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Made it all the way to my downstairs hall with gym bag in hand before I decided that driving in ****** weather to go the gym and run on the track with cough cough congested lungs might not be the smartest thing I could do today. So back in my laptop chair with a cup of coffee.

Reactions: Cybirdy

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Made it all the way to my downstairs hall with gym bag in hand before I decided that driving in ****** weather to go the gym and run on the track with cough cough congested lungs might not be the smartest thing I could do today. So back in my laptop chair with a cup of coffee.
What's coming down? Is it snow or is it more so sleet? It's coming down so fast I can't tell.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Nope. It is Shaka.
Let me rock you, let me rock you Chaka Kahn. I feel for you.
giphy.gif

Reactions: SaraV and BCClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Women seem to be attracted to married men. May help your chances.

Ha, do not agree. At the risk of TMI, married women like me because I am a nice guy, very non threatening, and like talking with women. They have no interest in me, they already have a guy. I have no interest in them, they already have a partner. It's the perfect friend zone. On the flip side, non-married women have no interest in me cause I am a nice, non threatening, stable but boring guy. It's a kind of a lose lose. And, yah, TMI.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Ha, do not agree. At the risk of TMI, married women like me because I am a nice guy, very non threatening, and like talking with women. They have no interest in me, they already have a guy. I have no interest in them, they already have a partner. It's the perfect friend zone. On the flip side, non-married women have no interest in me cause I am a nice, non threatening, stable but boring guy. It's a kind of a lose lose. And, yah, TMI.

Yeah. I only have interest in the married man in my house who needs to clip his freaking nose hair (that's why I gave him the cool electric tool to do that lol).

Some young single women like dirtbag guys when they are in their living dangerously phase, then don't understand why all the good guys are taken.

I'm sure lots of women would think you are a catch.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Don’t know if you have ever been able to key in n on football coaches, these may be the worst. We have an assistant who will drop the F word every 3-4 words. At the parent meeting the old HC justifies it by say just because a person swears doesn’t make them a better person or if someone doesn’t it doesn’t make them a better person. This meeting is just an excuse so he can make himself feel big and justify his poor actions.

Had a coworker who would use the F word like a conjunction. Fairly nice guy, but had his faults and past indiscretions. Yeah...totally not a customer facing job.

I knew someone named Jairren (JARE-ren) who did social work. A lot of their communication was through email, so they had many confused reactions when at face-to-face meetings when a client expected a young African-American man, and got a young woman with pale skin and very (naturally) blonde hair.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I think I should leave work early. The road are lousy and this way the traffic will be more spread out resulting in fewer cars on the road at the same time.
It's tough doing one's civic duty.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Yeah. I only have interest in the married man in my house who needs to clip his freaking nose hair (that's why I gave him the cool electric tool to do that lol).

Some young single women like dirtbag guys when they are in their living dangerously phase, then don't understand why all the good guys are taken.

My wife and I were recently discussing a couple that had an affair. She described it this way, "I don't understand it. I don't have any interest in any other men and, to be honest, I don't really have all that much interest in you."

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

Speaking of this, my nose hair clipper just broke. The handle part still vibrates but not the little pointy blade at the top.

Do any of you want to buy a used nose hair clipper or should I just list it on Craigslist?

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
@BoxsterCy Did you see Dawn Sullivan got a head coach job at UNLV? Not surprised at all, but sad to see her go. Our oldest played softball with her daughter, great family.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

Might help the cough if you added a little blackberry brandy. ;)

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Call from mystery # today, so I didn't answer.
A little research shows it's a landline from Texas, near a school that I've applied at before.
I'm 99+% sure they're not calling a year after I applied and was rejected, but I'm just vaguely paranoid enough to wonder.

Another reason I don't really like the job searching. But the market is so terribly bleak this year that a made-up idea like this sounds good.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I meant single women. Seemed like I had women hit on me when I wore my ring (always been and will be faithful so nothing happened) but stopped almost immediatley when I took it off. Stopped wearing it when my job risked me losing a finger along with high probably of losing the ring even if I didn't. I've had other friends tell me the same thing, they noticed an uptick in women flirting once they got married. Maybe we just noticed it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.