Michigan State is in Major trouble

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
If I was him, I'd kill myself rather than face the general pop. But maybe he's into that sort of thing.

Ya better to kill yourself before getting ragdolled by some big prison thugs, because you will surely want to after. Even the prison the pop does not take to kindly to child rap**T

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Just tragic. And to think this happened at the highest levels of gymnastics. Makes me wonder if it is just the tip of the iceberg. These are just the victims of one monster. Now I need to ask my former gymnast daughter a few more questions this weekend. Praying that she didn't suffer anything like this.

P.S. Makes me even more appreciative of Jay and Mary Ronayne.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
I heard that as a punishment MSU has to forfeit the 2000 Elite 8 game and ISU has been named the 2000 National Champion.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
It's really disturbing that some of these girls told their coach at Michigan State what was happening and the coach did nothing. A female coach nonetheless. If MSU has any integrity they should get rid of their gymnastics team.

Not only end the program, but this coach and several others should be joining Nassar in court.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Aly freaking Raisman.......wow. She just gave the most powerful, brave, stunning, courageous, and scathing courtroom statement I've ever heard. She also went very hard after USAG.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/...abuser-larry-nassar-in-court-are-nothing.html

Aly freaking Raisman indeed!

This is a must listen for anyone even remotely interested in this story. What a mature and reasoned testimony. She condemns "Larry" and USA Gymnastics. It is hard to imagine how USAG could survive as an organization once the civil lawsuits start. Raisman has been the national voice of the sport before and she is likely to be it again, particularly in calling for an independent review of what happening and how it happened, including Nassar's contribution to the regulations that were supposed to protect athletes.

"Larry" is not sure he can handle listening to all the testimonies of these women. He is lucky that she didn't come right over and rip his heart out with her bare hands.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Disgusting story in general. I wonder as these kinds of stories come out, if it will affect the participation in these kinds of sports, different because it's based on extreme behaviors, but also sort of like how football participation has gone down (from what a coaching friend tells me) due to the concussion stuff.

Maybe it's just in retrospect of knowing the stories, but guys like Sandusky and Nasser really have the creepy look of a pervert.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It will be interesting to see who tries to slip quietly out of the gymnastics world in the next few months. However, it will be nearly impossible for perpetrators to hide when women all over the country start speaking about their experiences.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Disgusting revelation today:

Emma Ann Miller, who is just 15 years old, stood next to her mother and addressed the court. Speaking with remarkable poise, Miller explained that she has known Nassar her whole life and considered him to be a male role model and a friend. She also sought treatment from Nassar, who sexually abused her as he did so many others who considered him to be a friend. She said that the last “treatment” she received from Nassar was in August 2016, possibly making her the last child to be assaulted by the former physician.

One of the most appalling details in Miller’s statement was when she said that MSU sports medicine clinic is still trying to charge her for her visits to Nassar. “My mom is still getting billed for appointments where I was sexually assaulted,” she said in her statement.
https://deadspin.com/larry-nassar-victim-says-msu-

• Dislike
Reactions: VeloClone

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Emma Ann Miller, who is just 15 years old, stood next to her mother and addressed the court. Speaking with remarkable poise, Miller explained that she has known Nassar her whole life and considered him to be a male role model and a friend. She also sought treatment from Nassar, who sexually abused her as he did so many others who considered him to be a friend. She said that the last “treatment” she received from Nassar was in August 2016, possibly making her the last child to be assaulted by the former physician.

One of the most appalling details in Miller’s statement was when she said that MSU sports medicine clinic is still trying to charge her for her visits to Nassar. “My mom is still getting billed for appointments where I was sexually assaulted,” she said in her statement.
Charlie-Day-WTF.gif

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

I saw Keith Murphy tweet this. Yeah, NOT GOOD for MSU. Like many have said, MSU needs to get some heat for this..just because Gymnastics isn't football (like Penn State, Baylor, etc), the impact of this creep's actions are FAR reaching and they had a role.

Also, not sure if anyone saw Dan Patrick's take on this at the end of last week, but he pointed out something I hadn't seen...essentially Nassar requested to the judge not to have to see the witness statements for his own mental well being...serious. Creep/criminal.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
every MSU fan I have talked to is disgusted with their school. Have friends that have pretty much written off their fandom.

As far as Nassir, he is already going to spend the rest of his life in jail, its just how long his sentence is at this point. Think he is going to get like 40 years for every girl on top of the 60 he already has. Some strong women got on that stand the last couple days. This is far reaching, there were suicides, drug addictions, broken lives because of this guy, and MSU, USA Gymnastics, and several other institutions are guilty. The complete control that the Karolyi's had over that institution and these girls lives were a big part of letting this go on so long.

That is the big difference between what happened at Penn St versus what happened at Michigan St. While the crimes at MSU are objectively worse due to sheer volume alone, not to mention its reach extended all the way to US Olympic teams, there isn't this big "Sparty cult" that exists to defend what happened at MSU and protect the school from the scandal at all cost (I'm sure there are a few, but it's not anywhere close to the popular opinion). In fact, most Spartans that I know of are absolutely disgusted with the school President and her insistence to not accept any blame for what happened and her refusal to step down and want her forcibly removed from her position.

The fact that this "Sparty cult" doesn't exist and, in fact, most Spartans are as a result revolted by what all has happened and want officials at their school held accountable is the only reason why I haven't dumped them as a secondary team.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Just tragic. And to think this happened at the highest levels of gymnastics. Makes me wonder if it is just the tip of the iceberg. These are just the victims of one monster. Now I need to ask my former gymnast daughter a few more questions this weekend. Praying that she didn't suffer anything like this.

P.S. Makes me even more appreciative of Jay and Mary Ronayne.

More than likely.

Romania dealt with this issue in their women's gymnastics teams decades ago. Bela Karolyi was the US women's coach for a couple of decades. Where did he come from? Romania, where he was their coach when Romania was supposedly having issues with sexual abuse of their gymnasts.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

Even if it's a clerical error....how the hell does MSU not pause on billing any of Nassar's clients back when he was being investigated in 2016.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA

I have a suspicion on why there hasn't been the level of outrage when compared to Penn State. The main difference is Sandusky was doing these things with boys and not girls and lets face it with most people there's still more of an ick factor when you're talking about sex between two males when compared to a man and a woman no matter how accepting people are of gay marriage these days. Baylor was pretty similar in that the outrage was pretty muted in comparison to Penn State.

I'm not saying that's right or the way it should be but I do believe that's why there will be almost no heads roll at MSU.