Cryptocurrency

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Kypdurron

Dec 13, 2017
West Des Moines
Looks like Johann Gevers is tweeting about the Tezos foundation suddenly. He is stating that it is now free to act on behalf of Tezos. This will be interesting to watch as it is one of the largest ICO's and has had a major internal power struggle. The Tezos community has repeatedly called for him to step down after he accidentally bankrupted his other venture Monetas, and has largely refused to be helpful in the development or funding.

I know a lot of people believe this to be the future of the crypto world with on chain governance, proof of stake and formal verification, a technique which mathematically proves the correctness of the code governing transactions.

When this launches I would recommend getting in on it, it's further along in coding and development then cardano and EOS. Has the backing of Mark Cuban, Olaf Carlson Wee and many other well known crypto investors.

As always only invest what you can lose and don't take advice from internet strangers.

Kypdurron

Dec 13, 2017
West Des Moines
Has anyone invest into NEO?

I have heard good things about NEO, mainly the support for multiple languages and huge dev team in China. I looked into it when it used to be Antshares and the wallet system was a bit basic for my liking. I believe they have done a good job of modernizing there wallet structure and they have a very active community. The nice thing as a top 10 crypto it is on most exchanges

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
I have heard good things about NEO, mainly the support for multiple languages and huge dev team in China. I looked into it when it used to be Antshares and the wallet system was a bit basic for my liking. I believe they have done a good job of modernizing there wallet structure and they have a very active community. The nice thing as a top 10 crypto it is on most exchanges
Yeah from what I understand It's supposed to the Chinese Ethereum and a safe investment. I bought in at $60, I could see it reaching $300 by next year.

• Disagree
Reactions: Macloney

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Things are moving again. I bought ETH at the dip, but not nearly at the $800 or whatever it got down to. I almost bought it again down there, and I think I’m gong to regret not doing so. Well I hope I regret it at least.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Government shut down means they can’t work to regulate crypto, then eh????

I feel a heater coming on.

Kypdurron

Dec 13, 2017
West Des Moines
A couple things to watch out for in the next months

I believe the biggest increase in the market will come from tax refunds. I would anticipate that you will have a lot of people with a check in there hand wanting to get in on the market.

Another big that I am seeing in the news is the wall street is slowing warming up to putting their money into the crypto market. We are seeing an increase in ETF's, major hedge funds are talking about crypto currencies due to customer inquiry and I believe you will see a rating agency this year grade out the top 10 cyrpto currencies for investment.

Continue to expect corrections as we have a lot of first time investors who are going to put in money see profit and pull quickly in an attempt to make a quick buck. Hodl to the moon!

As always invest what you can lose and don't take advise from strangers on the internet

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
A couple things to watch out for in the next months

I believe the biggest increase in the market will come from tax refunds. I would anticipate that you will have a lot of people with a check in there hand wanting to get in on the market.

Another big that I am seeing in the news is the wall street is slowing warming up to putting their money into the crypto market. We are seeing an increase in ETF's, major hedge funds are talking about crypto currencies due to customer inquiry and I believe you will see a rating agency this year grade out the top 10 cyrpto currencies for investment.

Continue to expect corrections as we have a lot of first time investors who are going to put in money see profit and pull quickly in an attempt to make a quick buck. Hodl to the moon!

As always invest what you can lose and don't take advise from strangers on the internet
At this rate, the hardware shortage is never going to end.

Reactions: cycart

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I'd be so frustrated if I were building a PC today, I bought a GTX 1060 for like $215 in August of '06, I don't think I could find one now and if I could it looks like it'd be at least $400.

Kypdurron

Dec 13, 2017
West Des Moines
Most coins that are coming out use a Proof of Stake which doesn't require any hardware. Eth is most likely going to switch over this year which should help with the hardware shortage. Another thing to keep an eye on is the switch to mining with ASIC's. It's more power efficient and I predict most coins that require Proof of Work will move to using this to process's the hash functions.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I'd be so frustrated if I were building a PC today, I bought a GTX 1060 for like $215 in August of '06, I don't think I could find one now and if I could it looks like it'd be at least $400.
Quite literally any card with 4GB VRAM or more is sold out everywhere now. Very high end all the way to low end, every card is getting hit. At first nVidia cards were safe, but now they're even being picked up. I suspect mining is also contributing to the high cost of RAM too (in a small amount... The main cause of that is nothing short of price fixing).
Most coins that are coming out use a Proof of Stake which doesn't require any hardware. Eth is most likely going to switch over this year which should help with the hardware shortage. Another thing to keep an eye on is the switch to mining with ASIC's. It's more power efficient and I predict most coins that require Proof of Work will move to using this to process's the hash functions.
I hope so, but I have my doubt that many coins will switch to ASICs. That will hurt the number of people getting involved (unless the actual goal is to prune down the number of miners, in which case they would succeed).

A lot of miners out there aren't doing it as a career, they're just people with gaming/production PCs that mine in their off time. Hell, I've thought of hitting up Monero during my workdays. Those people aren't invested enough to buy into ASICs for what's only a side project to them.