#4 Boomers vs Brucers

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Huh, I was told KSU sucks. Maybe that's just when they beat us.

I will still be surprised if KSU finishes in the top 6 of the league. I would probably have them at 6 right now in a power ranking, but I dont see them improving on that.

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
A month? Don't disrespect Monte like that.

On the other hand, these thread titles have been great in basketball season.
Monte did had a few months in which we did have 12 or more turnovers (Jan 2015, Jan & Feb 2016, and March 2017). But remarkably Monte NEVER had a game in which he had more than 4 turnovers.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
This is an example of why preseason rankings are so 'woof.' We never know just what teams have until they actually get out there and compete.

The loss at Ku was heartbreaking. But the turnaround last night was remarkable. It's college hoops, isn't it.

Long road ahead. But give it up to coach Weber. Guy schemed the hell out of Young and Kruger. Barry Brown and teammates implemented it to perfection. Home court. Upset.

This won't be the last in this conference. Way too much parity.

Reactions: Doc

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
LOVE Weber's help in getting KU another Big 12 title. Now we need ISU to hold home court this weekend against Texas Tech.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
LOVE Weber's help in getting KU another Big 12 title. Now we need ISU to hold home court this weekend against Texas Tech.

UT may get them first tonight. Could be a huge week for KU this week. Congrats on 13 out of 14:) or whatever it will be.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Pomeroy this morning looks about right to me, sans TCU, which is too high and ISU which is way too low. TxT beat the crap out of Ku in Lawrence.

5 TxT
10 Ku
12 WVU
20 OU
26 TCU
35 K-State
39 Baylor
40 UT
63 oSu
100 ISU

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
A lot of games to play. One loss. One win. Just don't matter that much. I agree. It is the body of work. TCU comes to MHK Saturday.
KSU looks good this year. Wade is developing into an excellent player. Pretty lethal on those midrange jumpers for sure. KSU's brutal stretch starts at the end of the month:

vs. Kansas
@ West Virginia
@ Texas
vs. Texas Tech

You'll get a chance to play your way in or out of the tourney in that stretch. Should be interesting.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I will still be surprised if KSU finishes in the top 6 of the league. I would probably have them at 6 right now in a power ranking, but I dont see them improving on that.

I just don't think we can tell this year to any degree of certainty. There is no truly elite/dominant team, several really, really good teams and a few good ones. I'm convinced that the teams at the bottom would have contended for an NCAA bid in most any normal year or in most other conferences. It will be interesting to see how it sorts out, and I think the final order will depend on teams getting hot, teams getting cold, and teams catching bad breaks.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Except for the championship team, Weber's have been inconsistent as hell. Always good for one great victory but never good enough to make a run at the top. I sense it's a different year with Dean Wade, Barry Brown and now a true, multi-level threat at PG. But Saturday v. for-real TCU will tell the tale for me. Bringing back the lavender for this one and it's about time!

mbb%20throwback%20uniforms%20072

Last edited:

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Those are something awful.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. Those unies were worn back in the day when K-State was a special basketball school. Guys like Rolando Blackman said they caught all sorts of crap at visiting gyms but enjoyed stuffing the home teams while wearing the lavenders. Coach Weber will be wearing a Jack Hartman style jacket in tribute. Should be fun atmosphere. Hilton southwest-like tomorrow.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron