Friday OT #2 - What's In the Box?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Do two consecutive scenes count? Although on YT it always cuts out telling the parents, and the father continually asking which hand was broken, which is important.

Reactions: Angie and cyhiphopp

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The B-25's taking off in Catch 22. Needs a big screen and LOUD speakers for full effect but it's one of the great aviation scenes of all time. No CGI, seventeen real B-25's in 1970. The transition from roaring engines to quiet enough to hear that bird chirping is something that is more fitting to a David Lean movie that this otherwise quirky movie. Well, except for the Yossarian finger flip. :)

Reminds me a lot of this scene. The music just drives it....and the amazing scope of the operation...just wow.

Reactions: carvers4math

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Man some good ones shared so far and I probably quote Office Space all the time but 1 scene that came to mind right away was Pulp Fiction where Samuel Jackson is a total badass where he quotes a bible verse right before killing a guy. Some other good scenes in that movie too not just by him but also Travolta and Ving Rhames.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
For its time, one of the most shattering scenes ever filmed:

Interesting to note that GWTW and Wizard of Oz were both released in 1939.

Also Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Goodbye, Mr. Chips, and Of Mice and Men, to name a few. Quite a year.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
For comedies, I'd put pretty much all of the Blues Brothers in here.

However, this one takes the cake:

I love the casual comments as they trash the mall. "This place has got everything."

P.S. My college roommate's dad was a police chief in Harvey, IL and took me to that mall once.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
"Friends for Dinner" in The Land Before Time. When I used to watch this with the kids, I would just be busting up. "Friends for dinner, just want to have friends for dinner!" Yummy.

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
IMO, the best movie ever made........

This scene was illuminating for Schindler, because he finally stops to realize that he had been protecting these people, after all, and not just being a war profiteer. A very graphic and terrible subject, but in the end a message of hope and salvation.

I think he started making the shift the moment he made the list and it is clear he has shifted completely when he says how disappointed he will be if the factory ever makes a single shell that can be fired. He breaks down here because he finally can put down the facade that he has had to carry for months and realizes what a waste (in money and ultimately lives) it has been to keep up that facade.

That is what I saw at least.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
There are moments in basically all of Tarantino's movies that I could watch over and over.

Reservoir Dogs: Stuck in the Middle with You ear scene
Pulp Fiction: Jack Rabbit Slim's convo between Vega and Uma; the overdose
Inglorious Basterds: Waltz talking to the father at the beginning; the pub scene
Kill Bill: crazy 88's fight; fight to the death in the snow
Kill Bill 2: Darryl vs Uma in the trailer
Death Proof: four girls driving blaring music then hitting Kurt Russell head on

Same for Paul Thomas Anderson:

Boogie Nights: rollergirl curb stomping the guy with her skates; Sister Christian at the drug dealers
Magnolia: Tom Cruise interview just sitting there; Julianne Moore going off on the pharmacist

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
NSFW (for language and visuals - you've been warned)!! But I have always thought this scene was so well-done by Sharon Stone.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
It is a great scene. But damn, for such a smart guy that was an awful way to lead off the discussion. "Do you trust your wife?" Seriously?!

How about "Sir, I used to work in finance and I know a loophole that would allow you to keep every dime of that money."

At that point in the movie, things weren't really going so well for Andy. Still getting assaulted by Bogs and the Sisters, stuck in prison for a crime you didn't commit. Probably figured it was an easy way out to get thrown off the roof if Hadley doesn't want his help.

Somebody will post this eventually, so I’ll go first:

I was going to say the mudwrestling scene was my pick. Somehow, my dad let me watch that when I was like 10.

Reactions: cyclones500

Help Support Us

Become a patron