Summer Concert Thread

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
They are still very popular in NYC, at least it seems that way judging by another forum I frequent. I don't know a whole lot of their music but if they come to Des Moines I would def go.
Yeah, I have a buddy who is going to one of their shows later this year, and they have 12 shows in 13 days or something to close out their tour in New York.

The concert was rally good, they are basically just jamming the whole time. Fun, enjoyable music and although I wasn't nearly as big of a fan as my friend I went with it was just as good of a time.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Is anyone going to the Greta Van Fleet show when they come to Wooly's in DSM? I'm pissed they aren't making their way up to the Twin Cities on their American portion of the tour.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Just got my Lucero tickets for March 9th at Wooly's!!! Opener is Jake La Botz too.....

I'm really, really strongly debating that one. It's a great lineup!

Is anyone going to the Greta Van Fleet show when they come to Wooly's in DSM? I'm pissed they aren't making their way up to the Twin Cities on their American portion of the tour.

No - I wish I'd jumped on tickets. They sold out quickly, and now they are on StubHub and the like for $150. I really love them, and am bummed to not make it - even if it's a Lazer Girl competition thing.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
No - I wish I'd jumped on tickets. They sold out quickly, and now they are on StubHub and the like for $150. I really love them, and am bummed to not make it - even if it's a Lazer Girl competition thing.
Yeah, they sold out like wildfire it was crazy. Their EU tour looks like there is still some tickets, maybe this is my reason to go to Amsterdam :)

• Funny

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Reading through the Hinterland thread bump got me thinking about this thread. Anybody already locked in on any concerts? I am going to the Blue Ox Music Festival in Eau Claire. Headlined by Pert Near Sandstone but lots of good bluegrass/roots music going to be there. Also, set a reminder on my phone to purchase tickets to Nathaniel Rateliff @ Palace Theatre when they go on sale. They are one of the top bands on my list of bands to see.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Reading through the Hinterland thread bump got me thinking about this thread. Anybody already locked in on any concerts? I am going to the Blue Ox Music Festival in Eau Claire. Headlined by Pert Near Sandstone but lots of good bluegrass/roots music going to be there. Also, set a reminder on my phone to purchase tickets to Nathaniel Rateliff @ Palace Theatre when they go on sale. They are one of the top bands on my list of bands to see.

A girlfriend texted me Rateliff's lineup for this summer, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him headline Friday night of Hinterland. He's in KC (I think) the night before, and MN the night after.

Jack White is going to be in Minneapolis the following Monday. I'm going to have to look at ticket prices.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
A girlfriend texted me Rateliff's lineup for this summer, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him headline Friday night of Hinterland. He's in KC (I think) the night before, and MN the night after.

Jack White is going to be in Minneapolis the following Monday. I'm going to have to look at ticket prices.
My prediction for Hinterland Day 2 headliner......

• Friendly

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
A little early for Summer announcments accept for the really big ones, but March, I am heading to Lucero(huge bucket-list band) and Holter Wall.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I love it so hard, I just wonder $$$.
I get it, I also feel like First Fleet and more specifically Sam Summers are starting to get involved with bigger bookings(ala doing great things) so don't be surprised it the budget on headliners continues to go that direction.....

• Agree

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I get it, I also feel like First Fleet and more specifically Sam Summers are starting to get involved with bigger bookings(ala doing great things) so don't be surprised it the budget on headliners continues to go that direction.....

That is my hope!!

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Excited about David Byrne on June 5th. Anyone know when tickets go on sale?

aforstate

Jan 23, 2010
Saw St. Vincent at Holland Performing Arts in Omaha recently. Really good show and cool venue.

Heading to the Shaky Knees Festival in Atlanta in May for Jack White, The National, War on Drugs, David Byrne, Nathaniel Rateliff, Courtney Barnett, Queens of the Stone Age, Waxahatchee, and many more.

Haim is also touring in KC and MSP. Both shows feature Lizzo as an opener. She's pretty entertaining.

• Friendly

Help Support Us

Become a patron