*** Official IOWA STATE Vs TCU Gameday Thread ***

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
You do this at practice in November, not during the game mid way through the conference season.

you at practice?

Sometimes players need to hear it during the game, guys like Izzo, Self, Huggins and other very good coaches will blast their guys during the game if they are not putting out the effort.

Edit: Just saw SG's post, so did not mean to pile on but he is absolutely right.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Talk about a team that plays position less basketball. You've got Brodziansky, Miller, Williams, and Noi who are all big, physical presences, but also all have some element of finesse to their game, whether it's driving into the paint or knocking down a 3. They could all be guards or forwards, they all rebound and shoot well. Dixon has a very well oiled offensive machine down in Ft. Worth. He has taken the discombobulated roster that Trent Johnson created, and turned it into a diamond in the rough. They were down an offensive weapon yesterday, but I think it's safe to say that TCU is finally talented enough to overcome such deficiencies.

Really the salt in the wound is that even when TCU was at their worst, during the Hoiberg era, I can't remember out-classing them quite like they did to us last night. Felt like a major kick to the stones.

Your post is pretty much spot on, but I will say that we handed them their ass and could have named the score at the B12 tournament last year.

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Talk about a team that plays position less basketball. You've got Brodziansky, Miller, Williams, and Noi who are all big, physical presences, but also all have some element of finesse to their game, whether it's driving into the paint or knocking down a 3. They could all be guards or forwards, they all rebound and shoot well. Dixon has a very well oiled offensive machine down in Ft. Worth. He has taken the discombobulated roster that Trent Johnson created, and turned it into a diamond in the rough. They were down an offensive weapon yesterday, but I think it's safe to say that TCU is finally talented enough to overcome such deficiencies.

Really the salt in the wound is that even when TCU was at their worst, during the Hoiberg era, I can't remember out-classing them quite like they did to us last night. Felt like a major kick to the stones.

Oh, we did. It was pretty much an expected easy win, and usually was. Credit to them that they've clearly improved.

The good news is that we've got two of those types of guys on the way in THT and Griffin.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfamily

CysTheLimit

Jan 16, 2018
I can predict with 100% accuracy when Beverly is getting his shot blocked down low (spoiler alert: it is whenever he has the ball in the post, usually right after getting a rebound).

Reactions: rholtgraves

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
It looks like Kenrich Williams might have gotten part of that growth removed from the back of his head. Wait... That was his hair?!
I've always maintained that between Williams, Fisher, and Robinson (Raffy from The League), TCU has some strong candidates for Big 12 All-Ugly Team. Honorable mention for Brodziansky too. Unfortunately, for us, these players are also quite good

CysTheLimit

Jan 16, 2018
Robinson had 17 assists? Please. Call me when he only had a few turnovers. 1 turnover? JFC, we might just want to guard him closer than 10 feet away.

CysTheLimit

Jan 16, 2018
Recipe:

1 Fran McCaffery
1 slick back hair
1 removal of glasses
1 book on basketbll coaching knowledge
3 cups of sugar to cancel out the heat

Mix all ingredients in a bowl, bake for 2 hours, remove Jamie Dixon from oven.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron