****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
About 10 years ago two twins that were ranked around 70. They were committed to North Carolina. I think they take like as many blue blood recruits as possible

• Useful
Reactions: Gibbon

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I want Tyler Harris after watching tonight. Think we need him. Think their is a player or two that would be better at a lower level of basketball that we could take him and use the scholarship on him

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Is Tyler Ha
I want Tyler Harris after watching tonight. Think we need him. Think their is a player or two that would be better at a lower level of basketball that we could take him and use the scholarship on him[/QUOTE

I don't know, is Tyler Harris even going to be enough of what we need. I mean he'll be another freshmen, do we know about his defense????? We either need a knock-down shooter to compliment Wigginton or a lock down perimeter defender.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
He's a knockdown shooter, hard to be ranked top 125 at 5'9" if you can't hit 3's at a solid clip. With Babb's height at PG, defensively he'd be able to guard the smallest guy on the floor. Not sure on his defensive capabilities but he's quick.

My guess is he would struggle to guard taller shooters but he would be able to hang with the Frank Mason's and Forte types that we have struggled with in the past. Defense is about moving your feet. He seems quick enough to play good defense.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I think Harris is someone who might struggle his first year because of his size. Not just his height but his /strength as well.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I think Harris is someone who might struggle his first year because of his size. Not just his height but his /strength as well.

You are probably right, and if there turns out to be only 1 attrition, we might need to look at another grad transfer pg who can defend the PnR and shoot...... oh that's right, those kind are already taken or aren't leaving other teams to come to ISU. But if the staff is so optimistic about the roster next year, then they need to 'go for it' and get the best missing veteran toughnosed piece they can. If they are not out there, then we think about Harris. I'm still not convinced he isn't going to Tennessee, and we are more hitting the trail hard for a impact pg in 2019.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
You are probably right, and if there turns out to be only 1 attrition, we might need to look at another grad transfer pg who can defend the PnR and shoot...... oh that's right, those kind are already taken or aren't leaving other teams to come to ISU. But if the staff is so optimistic about the roster next year, then they need to 'go for it' and get the best missing veteran toughnosed piece they can. If they are not out there, then we think about Harris. I'm still not convinced he isn't going to Tennessee, and we are more hitting the trail hard for a impact pg in 2019.

The roster is pretty much set for next year and from the rumors a top 8 of Wigginton, NWB, Shayok, Lard, Young, Jacobson, Lewis, Talley and Long, Thus the staffs optimism about next year. I am not sure how attractive having that competition for minutes will be to potential grad transfers (or if there are many available that will be as talented as those 8).

That is even before THT, Griffin, Haliburton, and Conditt are added. I assume the staff will want give some minutes to if they are looking ready. I assume THT and Griffin will be.

IMO If someone leave getting Harris contribution would be more for the year after next rather than immediate. Although I could see him working his way into the rotation next year as the microwave shooter. Prohm wouldn't have to rely on him playing right away if he isn't quite ready.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
The roster is pretty much set for next year and from the rumors a top 8 of Wigginton, NWB, Shayok, Lard, Young, Jacobson, Lewis, Talley and Long, Thus the staffs optimism about next year. I am not sure how attractive having that competition for minutes will be to potential grad transfers (or if there are many available that will be as talented as those 8).

That is even before THT, Griffin, Haliburton, and Conditt are added. I assume the staff will want give some minutes to if they are looking ready. I assume THT and Griffin will be.

IMO If someone leave getting Harris contribution would be more for the year after next rather than immediate. Although I could see him working his way into the rotation next year as the microwave shooter. Prohm wouldn't have to rely on him playing right away if he isn't quite ready.

I don't think Lewis, Talley, or Long are locks for the rotation. At this point I would put THT ahead of those 3. As far as Grad Transfers go, Wiggy, Shayok, NWB, and Lard would be the only standouts that could possibly deter any prospects. I really like Young and Jacobson, but from an outsider's perspective looking for playing time I don't think those guys would present much concern.

• Dislike
Reactions: Stereotype

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017

The level and speed of play that THT and Tyler Harris play is a lot tougher than the other kids. I think that ZG will struggle his first year with that adjustment. I look for a breakout sophomore or junior year from him.
Tyler Harris is pretty polished for someone his age and his ball handling is legit. Most importantly, he's a winner. I'm excited to see how Lewis progresses, the talent is obviously there. Fun time to be a clone.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

If Talley, Lewis and Long are all in the top 8 next year, it’s going to be another rough year. And this class isn’t as good as we think of THT and Zion can’t beat out those guys. No offense to those 3 players but they’re extremely limited.

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
If Talley, Lewis and Long are all in the top 8 next year, it’s going to be another rough year. And this class isn’t as good as we think of THT and Zion can’t beat out those guys. No offense to those 3 players but they’re extremely limited.

I think we're all taking for granted the importance of being in the program for a length of time, building chemistry, and improving and having access to college-level coaches and facilities. Talley, Lewis, and Long will have had a year or more of a head start on learning what Coach Prohm is looking for, understanding defensive schemes, and just generally improving. Only a handful of freshmen each year come in ready to contribute heavily.

I'd hazard to guess that we will see THT get good minutes. We'll see about ZG, but I think Talley, Lewis, and Long (assuming none transfer or are injured) will be better options than 3/4 of the freshmen next year. Just an opinion.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I think Zion will be a beast for us eventually but not next year. He plays out of position right now, doesn't necessarily play against the best competition (from what I've read so I could be wrong), and needs to polish his skills a little. The tools are all there though. He could definitely make an impact next year but I am not expecting it at this point.

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Don't give up on Terrence yet. Have heard rumblings that he has lit it up during some practices and has shown serious potential. However like many other freshman, the spotlight during games is too much for him and he's having difficulty keeping up with the speed of the game.

Once he gains confidence and things begin to slow down for him, I think he can/will be a solid contributor moving forward.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron