Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just saw that a POS from the town I live in has been arrested for sexual abuse. I can tell it's a classmate of my daughters and her sister. I coached the oldest girl in basketball for quite awhile. We would never let our daughter go to her house because of him. At the end, the grandmother pulled the kids out and had them living with her while the mom stayed with the POS. Felt that something like this could occur, definitely a time you wish your instincts were wrong. This is the loser I saw getting an grill LP tank a week or so ago when it was around -15 degrees. Other instinct says he's a meth head.

• Dislike
Reactions: SCyclone

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The counterfeit ripoff stuff directly from China can take longer to ship. :rolleyes:

This is the part that bugs me most about internet buying, have to be a little selective. Was looking for a Samsung cradle charger for sis for Xmas. Lots of fake super low priced ones popped up. Even with comments posted by pissed off buyers that they are fake they still sell tons of them and Amazon doesn't do a damn thing about. Ended up walking into Target and buying it. Not a great price but other brick and mortars were all sold out and I am 99.99% sure it was not a fake.

Usually I am in Target comparing prices on Amazon. At Christmas I wanted to buy Lego tape for my nephew. Searched the brands Target carried on Amazon, and they both got horrible reviews. Went home and found some on Amazon that got better reviews. Today I was looking at an item at Target--$5 and it had three different types together and I only wanted one of the three so about 15 things out of 45. Pull up the item on Amazon where I bought 100 of the one thing I wanted for under $5. Hit order while standing in Target, will be here Friday. But no worries, I spend plenty of $$ at Target as well. :)

• Informative
Reactions: SCyclone and wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I've realized that I make a lot of smarta$$ comments. I see alerts in threads that I ask myself when I would have posted in that. Read my remark and it is one.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
A pet peeve of mine is when someone knows you and purposely ignores you. I don't mean not see you I think we all know the difference between that and purposely ignoring you in passing. We don't have to be friends but it just kind of irks me when people are not friendly/polite for no good reason.

In related news it makes me happy that I made the decision to stop applying for jobs under this person and moved out of the department as it was clear I had little to no upward potential there.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
A pet peeve of mine is when someone knows you and purposely ignores you. I don't mean not see you I think we all know the difference between that and purposely ignoring you in passing. We don't have to be friends but it just kind of irks me when people are not friendly/polite for no good reason.

Agreed. People suck. High five!

200.webp

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

In related news it makes me happy that I made the decision to stop applying for jobs under this person and moved out of the department as it was clear I had little to no upward potential there.

I don’t get bothered, I actually get amused if I can tell they are avoiding me. I try to cross their path intentionally. I also can walk past people and just ignore everybody, get done what I need to, and keep moving.

I had a friend get mad when someone he knew didn’t say hi to him. Another friend asked if he said hi, friend said no. Other friend said maybe the other person was mad since you didn’t say hi to them. Told him it works both ways.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Boo hiss. The stop and serve value on the coffee basket to my old old Krups broke this morning. Did the Google, found the part and # but it's "obsolete". Can kind all sort of other parts for it, like the ones that would never break anyway. May have to channel my inner MacGyver.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I received a $100 gift card to Capital Grille for referring my neighbor to a roofer I used. I told her we'd take her out to eat with us and split it, but she said that we should use it since I've helped her out with some yard work, fixing her gutters and other random crap.

I knew it was a higher end restaurant (I've never eaten there before) but after scanning the menu I'm quickly realizing that I could easily spend another $100 of my own money to get a meal and some drinks.

I'm not a pauper, but I have a really hard time spending that much money on one meal, special occasion or not.

Then stay away from Manny's Steakhouse in Minneapolis.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Then stay away from Manny's Steakhouse in Minneapolis.

Ack. Split tab with some friends at Manny's many years ago and it was not kind to me (got majorly screwed). Was with freinds and their cousin who had just signed a contract with the Vikings. Lots of them drinking cocktails to boot. Lineman boy ate and drank alot and was trying to impress his GF. Was a little out of my price range at the time.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ack. Split tab with some friends many years ago was not kind to me (got majorly screwed). Was with freinds and their cousin who had just signed a contract with the Vikings. Lots of them drinking cocktails to boot. Was a little out of my price range at the time.
Is this the name of the Vikings boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron