*** Official IOWA STATE Vs TCU Gameday Thread ***

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
TCU is Brad Pitt and ISU is a fat girl tonight. They're getting whatever they want from us.

The night's not over. Difficult as it might be to believe, maybe they'll get their collective **** together and make a run!

tenor.gif

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Eek. About all I have to say about that...TCU couldn't miss, and the mentality to compete wasn't there tonight. Not a good combination. 15 minutes of competitive effort, maybe? Defense is nonexistent. Some good things from Lard again on offense, Jackson had it going for a while from 3...trying to be positive but not a ton there.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
The film for this game won’t lie & will be glaring. That will be on both the coaches & the players, but the players need to start owning things. If they are going to play zone, those hands better be up the whole time. If man, then the pick and roll better be figured out. Hedge & how far, switch, trap, whatever the heck it is, decide on it & commit to it.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I assume career high for Brodziansky?

I would not be surprised. Career high for Robinson with 17 assist/1 turnover. Career high for Miller. Managed to hit 4/5 wide open 3. Prob a career high for TCU FG%. Vlad missed 2 threes, otherwise 11/11 from the field.

You’re Welcome,
ISU Defense

Reactions: Spanky

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
It really is this simple. When Donovan is on then they need to make every effort to go to him. No need for Solomon shooting 3's or Wiggs trying to shoot a contested 15 footer. Or Jakolby Long shooting a 3. Just drive and kick until he misses 2 or 3 in a row. He is an elite shooter and when he is feeling it they need to keep going to that well.

As for defense....they simply have no chance. Lard can't defend s stretch 4 (yet). Solomon doesn't have the foot speed to recover to the corners after helping on the pick and rolls. The adjustment should have been just having Wiggs go under every screen until Alex Robinson shows the ability to hit a 17 footer.

Reactions: andymhallman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Let's not get all gushy about TCU and Jamie Dixon. Our defense was laughable... oh and by the way they were 1-4 in conference play w/their starting PG out. No thank you to apathy.

And were *this* close vs. some very good teams except K-Boo. They're a nice team and were in need of a well-played game, which happened to be on the same night that ISU decided not to play.

Fundamentals do need to get better though. Seems like a lot of these other teams look much more fundamentally sound, perhaps that's also an experience thing.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
I don't think it was effort -- effort has been there from this group all year. They just don't know anything -- rotation, close outs ... they're lost.

Jamie Dixon is a very good coach, better resume than Prohm. I still like our team and I feel very good about the future but nights like these make you wonder where the fix will come from on the defensive end.

Edit - thank you, Jamie Dixon for taking your foot off the gas and not scoring 120

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
Nothing that anyone says is going to make me feel better about this game. We played with intensity for a good chunk of the game, but the youth and inexperience glared like a deer in the headlights when they ran the same play 15 times and a new PG gets 16 dimes. I, more than anyone, have been pumping the brakes and understanding this team is rebuilding in the worst conference at the worst time to try to rebuild, but this game was HORRIFYING to watch us get torn apart. When we got a run started, we turned it over and killed whatever momentum we had.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron