Pollard Talks JTS NEZ Remodel/Upgrade and Nutrition and Player Performance Center

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I read lots of griping about the appearance of the Jacobson building, but I don't think it is that bad. Perhaps it is just because it is our "baby" and I'm familiar and obliged to it. Or maybe it is also distinctive and makes our stadium unique. More could be done with the corners to tie it into the rest of the stadium, but the Jacobson building itself is not bad.
Not necessarily a good thing.

You could attach a church to a Walmart and say its unique, but it’s not going to look good. The Jake building looks fine by itself, but stick it in the endzone and it looks out of place.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I read lots of griping about the appearance of the Jacobson building, but I don't think it is that bad. Perhaps it is just because it is our "baby" and I'm familiar and obliged to it. Or maybe it is also distinctive and makes our stadium unique. More could be done with the corners to tie it into the rest of the stadium, but the Jacobson building itself is not bad.
Sorry but I think Jake is hideous. For being our cousin stadium, I like what WV is doing/did:
59001849f1857.image.jpg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Sorry but I think Jake is hideous. For being our cousin stadium, I like what WV is doing/did:
59001849f1857.image.jpg

If we were starting from scratch, I would probably go for something like WV or Clemson. However, do those hillsides have terraced tarps on them? Those seem hideous to me.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Not necessarily a good thing.

You could attach a church to a Walmart and say its unique, but it’s not going to look good. The Jake building looks fine by itself, but stick it in the endzone and it looks out of place.

It isn't just that the Jacobson Building is unique. I kinda like it. And I agree that it looks fine by itself. Still, it could use help to tie in better with the rest of the stadium. But I don't think it is "hideous" like some have said. Different than everywhere else? Yes. Hideous? No. So, until we have a compelling alternative that is both non-hideous and special (unique), I wouldn't be in a hurry to bulldoze the Jacobson Building.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Those hillside chunks at WV are bushes. In ISU's case, perfect spot for hot tubs.

I can hardly imagine what some on this thread would think about the aesthetics of hot tubs.

I'm not talking about the little green sections, but the white that covers most of the hillsides. That looks like a terraced tarp to me. Or maybe it is light colored concrete. Don't like it.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I can hardly imagine what some on this thread would think about the aesthetics of hot tubs.

I'm not talking about the little green sections, but the white that covers most of the hillsides. That looks like a terraced tarp to me. Or maybe it is light colored concrete. Don't like it.
You mean the seats on the sides?
59001849f1857.image.jpg

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
It's February! Anybody know which day this month the "plans" are being shown?

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
I'm OK with the Jacobson Building. The scoreboard pillars on the other hand...
Feb 22 is the date as I understood it. Just round off the hills, take the 2nd floor of the Jake back about 10 feet and create a suite w. outdoor seating similar to the 1st floor looks. Then, fix that stupid roof and I would be thrilled.