WV got KU'd

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Too funny. Iowa State fans would sell their children for KU 's recent postseason record. If our big "problem" is only making the Elite Eight instead of the Final Four then we are doing great.

When youre always a #1 seed, the only teams you can lose to are lower seeded teams.

Pass on this argument, dude. You're basically calling KU one of the uglier supermodels in the Victoria's Secret catalog. Only you come out of this looking bad.

giphy.webp

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
Maybe it is tourney performance of Big 12 teams that are named Kansas.
Kansas has the largest sample size but it's still pretty good. It really is the inconsistency of other B12 tourney teams that have added to the image. We can't really criticize as we've topped out at S16 and have included some clunkers ourselves (within the last 10 years).

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
When youre always a #1 seed, the only teams you can lose to are lower seeded teams.
VCU / UNI / Bucknell / Stanford....oh look, Oregon just dunked again. KU doesn't live up to their seed and it's not like your losing to a #3 seed - more like a $9 and lower. And every KU fan would trade their Left Nutt for a F4 instead of a B12 banner, because - quite frankly, nobody outside of the state of Kansas cares what you do in conference.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
So much for my OU prediction of winning the big12. What the heck was that last night? Oh well, Trae Young was due for an 'off' game, but 12 turnovers by himself? Never saw that coming. I don't think Bruce Weber gets the credit he deserves sometimes for his teams successes.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So much for my OU prediction of winning the big12. What the heck was that last night? Oh well, Trae Young was due for an 'off' game, but 12 turnovers by himself? Never saw that coming. I don't think Bruce Weber gets the credit he deserves sometimes for his teams successes.
Trae just trying to make sure he has all of the big 12 game superlatives and he thought no one was going to beat that 12 Bohannons number.

http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/pdfs/mbasketball/18MBBStats.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=10410
Page 10.

Also, Trae got robbed of his double/double last night. He had 20 points and 12 Bohannons.

It is starting to look like a trend. Trae has had 21 TOs in his last 2 games and he is averaging almost 8 a game in conference play.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

giphy.webp

Last edited:
Reactions: CycloneErik

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Trae just trying to make sure he has all of the big 12 game superlatives and he thought no one was going to beat that 12 Bohannons number.

http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/pdfs/mbasketball/18MBBStats.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=10410
Page 10.

Also, Trae got robbed of his double/double last night. He had 20 points and 12 Bohannons.

It is starting to look like a trend. Trae has had 21 TOs in his last 2 games and he is averaging almost 8 a game in conference play.

b12 coaches aren't dummies. good scouting, preparation and some talented athletes can make life a bit tougher for Trae.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
VCU / UNI / Bucknell / Stanford....oh look, Oregon just dunked again. KU doesn't live up to their seed and it's not like your losing to a #3 seed - more like a $9 and lower. And every KU fan would trade their Left Nutt for a F4 instead of a B12 banner, because - quite frankly, nobody outside of the state of Kansas cares what you do in conference.
What other fans think of our success is irrelevant to me. Would be nice to have a few more Final Fours but all I ask as a fan is that we have a team with a great chance at tourney success every year and no program in America over the last 25+ years has done that as consistently as Kansas.

I am 45 now and I havent rolled into the new year thinking "looks like we wont even make the tourney" since I was in high school. You wanna crow about a few bummer years, fine. It may make you feel better but it's just noise.

This is one of the worst KU teams since the '99-'00 season and they just beat a Top 10 team on the road, are ranked Top 10, have a shot at doing very well this year and all three of next year's recruits just got named to the McDonalds AA team. Life is good.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015

Page 10.

At some point, Young's teammates are gonna get sick of his AAU hero ball antics. Between the dozen turnovers and a dozen more terrible shots, he wasted a huge chunk of their total possessions.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
At some point, Young's teammates are gonna get sick of his AAU hero ball antics. Between the dozen turnovers and a dozen more terrible shots, he wasted a huge chunk of their total possessions.

Yeah I'm sure they hate his 40% 3 point shooting while putting up 30 a game and his 2 to 1 assist to TO ratio...

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
While his overall A/TO ratio is at 1.9, in conference play his ratio of 1.1 is nothing to write home about.

I know but to say his teammates are going to get sick of the best player in the country sounds like a butthurt Kansas fan because they couldn't get him

• Winner
Reactions: MartinCy

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I know but to say his teammates are going to get sick of the best player in the country sounds like a butthurt Kansas fan because they couldn't get him
If Graham left early for the NBA then Young would be a Jayhawk and I'd rather have Graham in his senior year. His experience is keeping an overwise unspectacular KU team in the hunt for every goal a KU team typically has.

We'll see what happens in Norman if he has a few more games like this. His teammates just looked frustrated when he was jacking up logo shots as they tried to get back in the game.

Last edited:

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
If Graham left early for the NBA then Young would be a Jayhawk and I'd rather have Graham in his senior year. His experience is keeping an overwise unspectacular KU team in the hunt for every goal a KU team typically has.

Graham sucked last year, why would have he left for NBA?

Classic Whataboutism.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

We'll see what happens in Norman if he has a few more games like this. His teammates just looked frustrated when he was jacking up logo shots as they tried to get back in the game.

So much fail in this post. Trae Young is the best player in college basketball and the main reason they are a top 10 team

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Graham sucked last year, why would have he left for NBA?

Classic Whataboutism.
Once it was clear that Graham was coming back, Young announced for OU. There was no reason for Young to wait so long to announce for OU other than to monitor what KU's roster would be. OU and KU were his final 2 and OU had zero competition at PG.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Once it was clear that Graham was coming back, Young announced for OU. There was no reason for Young to wait so long to announce for OU other than to monitor what KU's roster would be. OU and KU were his final 2 and OU had zero competition at PG.

Young committed to Oklahoma in February. Graham announced he was returning in April. What are you talking about?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
So much fail in this post. Trae Young is the best player in college basketball and the main reason they are a top 10 team
Would they be a better overall team if he made better shot selections? Yes. And they wont be a Top 10 team after that turd he laid last night.