All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I'm ready to hear your 2018 All Iowa Team since mine was "funny" to you
Still compiling data :)

O-line I'd put Jackson and Wirfs at the tackles.....

Honestly, I don't know enough about some of the Cyclone players to give an unbiased opinion. Was only able to watch a couple ISU games......

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Still compiling data :)

O-line I'd put Jackson and Wirfs at the tackles.....

Honestly, I don't know enough about some of the Cyclone players to give an unbiased opinion. Was only able to watch a couple ISU games......

Meeker graded out light years ahead of Jackson this year FWIW and Meeker doesn't miss bowl games

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
My kids all wear compression shorts. I have boxer briefs and don't run as hard as I used to, may break a hip you know, so I get by with them.

Yeah...I think pretty much everybody wears the compression shorts nowadays.....

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Okay...just think Jackson has huge upside. We'll see...

Both teams will have under the radar guys who produce at a high level....always happens in CFB.

Probably has higher upside but I think Meeker will be better next year. Jackson really struggled at times this year it appears

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ferentz had a little rough stretch recruiting OL there which is weird

Unfortunately, think buddy is closer here. He didn't have a recruiting problem, he had a poorOL coach for a short time and development lacked. They have since moved that OL coach into a different position, to get them out of section 8 housing probably, and things have improved.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Well let's see you had to start two freshman OT this year so I would say the sophomore and junior classes really lacked talent and/or depth

Can you be more specific? What recruiting classes were a part of this "rough stretch" for KF recruiting OL?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Can you be more specific? What recruiting classes were a part of this "rough stretch" for KF recruiting OL?

I'd say his 2014 and 2015 classes were pretty bad looking big picture. Like 10 OL commits and one good one in Daniels

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I'd say his 2014 and 2015 classes were pretty bad looking big picture. Like 10 OL commits and one good one in Daniels

10?

2014 Class:

Ross Reynolds: played this year at guard, will most likely start next year
Keegan Render: started this year, pretty much a lock to start next year
Lucas LeGrand: started 2 games in 2016, seems to have been passed on the depth chart

2015 Class:

James Daniels: 3 year starter at guard and center, left after his junior year for NFL
Levi Paulsen: started a game in 2016 and bowl game this year, squarely in the mix to start next season
Landon Paulsen: probably wont ever play meaningful snaps
Brett Waechter: out of football due to injuries

Render and Daniels will both be multiple year starters and Reyonds or Levi Paulsen will start next year. Not exactly a "rough stretch".

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
10?

2014 Class:

Ross Reynolds: played this year at guard, will most likely start next year
Keegan Render: started this year, pretty much a lock to start next year
Lucas LeGrand: started 2 games in 2016, seems to have been passed on the depth chart

2015 Class:

James Daniels: 3 year starter at guard and center, left after his junior year for NFL
Levi Paulsen: started a game in 2016 and bowl game this year, squarely in the mix to start next season
Landon Paulsen: probably wont ever play meaningful snaps
Brett Waechter: out of football due to injuries

Render and Daniels will both be multiple year starters and Reyonds or Levi Paulsen will start next year. Not exactly a "rough stretch".

Newborg wasn't recruited as an OL?