RECRUITING: Iowa State offers another 2018 QB

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Coaching staff said they were bringing him in to be the next Seneca Wallace so I would think they rate him pretty high at QB.

Literally, that is what I heard from a coach..

• Agree
Reactions: CyInDFW

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
If we aren't redshirting Re-al then he is going to be redshirted to even out classes? Or since just got a Bama offer he is too good not to pursue?

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)
Maybe ISU isn't overly interested in him, maybe they are. This could be apart of their overall recruiting strategy. ISU has the last three season cast out a ton of offers all around the country. The know they can't take them all but it gets ISU's name and coaches into the areas they want to be in for down the line. The coaches are establishing networks.

With ISU getting the AZ OL kid and having the OL coaching consultant in AZ, the coaches just might be trying to improve their AZ network for the next couple of years.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Maybe ISU isn't overly interested in him, maybe they are. This could be apart of their overall recruiting strategy. ISU has the last three season cast out a ton of offers all around the country. The know they can't take them all but it gets ISU's name and coaches into the areas they want to be in for down the line. The coaches are establishing networks.

With ISU getting the AZ OL kid and having the OL coaching consultant in AZ, the coaches just might be trying to improve their AZ network for the next couple of years.

Setting the stage for an Arizona bowl game? Preparing for the Fiesta Bowl on Dec 28, 2019? :D

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
Seems to be a trend with rumors of Alabama interest in QB's that we are recruting with only mid major interest prior to our involvement ala Noland.

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
I'm going to blog about this today but Brock Purdy, a 2018 QB out of Arizona has an Iowa State offer. I heard about it over the weekend but got it confirmed this morning. He's got a bunch of mid-major offers but seems like Boise and UCF are the top competition. I'll keep you in the loop.
It rated a blurb on the top TV station here in Phoenix last night that he got a full ride offer from Alabama (previously had been a PWO offer) Of course the reporter fawned all over him with "how does it feel to get an offer from the top program in the country?" type questions.They made a big deal out of the fact that a brand new Bama staffer did an in-home visit Monday. from his tone and the stars in his eyes sadly, I believe Brock will languish in Saban's stable. But would love to see him in Cardinal & Gold with the video game numbers he put on the board this past season.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: khardbored

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
We don't have adequate numbers at QB though.

Well...I guess I was responding to the guy worried about if Kempt is back, plus Zeb, plus Re-al, plus Devon. Will be interesting to see what Purdy ends up deciding, especially if he knows the Kempt outcome before he decides.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Hope he commits, if we get multiple commits out of these kids that we have offered we could see come people shift around. Excited to see how this all finishes.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
One thing he would have to get used to at the next level is getting tackled. LOL

The kid can also throw on the run, and is elusive as heck. He would be a nightmare to defend against. It would be awesome if we had a stable of dual threat QBs where our season didn't hang in the balance every time one takes off running due to injury.

L

LincolnWay187

I think during the NC game, Alabama found their QB of the future. I hope this guy likes riding the pine if he picks alabama