We need a secret hand shake...or something

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Lol my brother and I have been talking about this for years. Seems everyone in the big 12 has a hand thing. He suggested two fingers in a peace sign then kinda wave them back and forth.

• Creative
Reactions: Cycsk

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
We could all just do this, accompanied by saying "SUCK IT HOKS!"

YXAYN.gif

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We were on a plane coming back from Oregon in late December and a guy walking on looked at another one in a front seat and said "Go Hawks!" I turned to DH and said, "Oh, no, not here." Then he told me it was for the Seattle Seahawks. That was okay.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Lol my brother and I have been talking about this for years. Seems everyone in the big 12 has a hand thing. He suggested two fingers in a peace sign then kinda wave them back and forth.

Hmmm. I get it. This has possibilities. Subtle. Not weird looking. Much more meaningful than it would appear to non-insiders, but clearly meaningful to insiders.

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
We were on a plane coming back from Oregon in late December and a guy walking on looked at another one in a front seat and said "Go Hawks!" I turned to DH and said, "Oh, no, not here." Then he told me it was for the Seattle Seahawks. That was okay.

Here in Chicago I hear people say that referring to hockey. I will never be able to call them anything but the Blackhawks

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I know people have talked about putting up one finger and spinning it, but that just looks like the "whoopedy doo" sign. So that's out.

MrPeske

Apr 11, 2006
downtown Des Moines
I do wish when I see other Clones (like on the bike trails, or random places), & I shout, Cyclones... that they would respond POWER..

Also I think we are the only school w/o a hand signal. I like the Cyclone hand signal is how a baseball umpire signals, homerun. I'm not sure which way the cyclone spins but I imagine it as the same direction as a baseball player runs the bases, counter clockwise...

Thoughts?

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Hmmm. I get it. This has possibilities. Subtle. Not weird looking. Much more meaningful than it would appear to non-insiders, but clearly meaningful to insiders.
Lol I'll tell him you like it. He'll be stoked. It works best with fingernails facing out.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
So I went down to the KU game last week. I noticed when KU fans see each other they have like this head nod and say "Rock Chalk." Now, that's just stupid. But do we have a secret hand shake or anything we should do or say when we encounter other Cyclone fans, especially far from home?

Usually, I'm drunk, and I just scream something like CCCCYYYYYYCCCCCLLLLLLOOOOOONNNNNNEEEEEEEESSSSSS! But I'm thinking something more subtle.

Can’t we just say Go State of Go Cyclones instead of the idiotic hand gestures other schools do.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Start grunting the intro to smoke on the water in any random public place like an airport....a fellow cyclone might buy you a beer out of pathetic sympathy.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
lower.png

Just point your pointer finger downwards and spin it like a cyclone. Subtle and that way you don't have to shout anything.

I actually like this idea. Simple and subtle

When I was back on campus for the Iowa game last fall I tried to get the upwards version of that to catch on. I'd say spinning your hand right next to your ear is slightly less subtle.

One of my Texas friends asked me for years what Iowa State's hand sign was.. And was astonished every time I reminded him that we don't have one because it's dumb.

Well, after all these years he's convinced me to start doing the above (right side up, like a tornado) with your right hand, while simultaneously letting out an audible "Wooowooooop!" (like a really bad police siren). I can't say that the latter should be spread across Cyclone Nation, but the obvious hand sign for the Cyclones is above!

Reactions: CloneFan4

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
You say “go state” to people wearing ISU gear and they look at you blankly??!!! It has got to be you, dude.

That's it, I'm a ******* *******, brah.

It actually happens all the time in the Lawrence and KC area where I live, but you know better than I do.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron