Worst beers you ever drank

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Buckhorn. We used to buy it at a liquor store in Emmons, MN (just across the border from Lake Mills, IA) when I was in college in Forest City, IA. It was 99 cents a six-pack, and you had to get it really ice cold - almost frozen - before it was remotely palatable. But as college kids, what the hell? It was cheap.

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
60841L.jpg

We had this stuff on tap at a bar I worked at for a bit. We were offering it for free just to get rid of it and still nobody wanted it. It was just really bad.

I was going to say this one! Asked the brewmaster (or whatever his title was) what beer to try. He said this one.

A truly awful beer.

#2 Busch or Busch Light.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Rolling Rock is a fine ale.
I pride myself on finishing my beer. In fact, when I watch a tv show or a movie or see a politician sport a beer in their hand and not finish it.....I know something is awry and look at everything after that sideways.
I will admit....once I was given an icehouse beer....that swill was so rancid I did not finish it. worse than bottom of the barrel.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Not the worst out the worst, but for commercial beers I'd say Miller Lite. I can't stand that **** and won't even take it offered free. And I'll drink just about any cheap beer for tailgating at least.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Buckhorn. We used to buy it at a liquor store in Emmons, MN (just across the border from Lake Mills, IA) when I was in college in Forest City, IA. It was 99 cents a six-pack, and you had to get it really ice cold - almost frozen - before it was remotely palatable. But as college kids, what the hell? It was cheap.

I rode up to Edmond to finish my century on RAGBRAI. Seemed like more fun than going on the loop they picked.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
This is unequivocally the correct answer. Minhas, Boxer, Hiland (Kum and Go), Mountain Crest, Kirkland (Costco).
I'm surprised they don't make Rhinelander because that is awful too.
I'm generally pretty fussy about beer but I don't mind the Kirkland craft brews. They're not great but not bad.