Worst beers you ever drank

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I can't believe some of the beers people drink on here. The old Dr. Pepper had more kick than the new ales(the old one before the new recipe took that burning peppery flavor out). My worst beer was Blatz light. This was a crappy beer.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
60841L.jpg

We had this stuff on tap at a bar I worked at for a bit. We were offering it for free just to get rid of it and still nobody wanted it. It was just really bad.

• Agree
Reactions: cdface

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
You seem to be hung up on Ales with your last couple of threads you started, even though it seems like you are talking about beer in general. What makes an Ale, is the type of yeast that is used. Top fermenting, Ale, bottom fermenting, lager. And you realize, Blatz is a lager, right?

Just because something is an Ale doesn't make it good or bad it only means you used an Ale yeast to ferment it.

to answer your question though, anything Shandy. I was always a fan of Leinenkugel's, their red lager was one of my go to beers a number of years ago. But putting a kool-aid packet into beer is something I'll never understand.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
to answer your question though, anything Shandy. I was always a fan of Leinenkugel's, their red lager was one of my go to beers a number of years ago. But putting a kool-aid packet into beer is something I'll never understand.

Completely agree. This is the main reason I skip summer seasonals at breweries due to the shandy fad. They taste like someone dumped lemonade in a beer.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
For me, I had a Schlitz many years ago, which was "okay" going down, however after finishing gave me the nastiest gagging aftertaste for a day.

Reactions: deadeyededric

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Anything from Minhas Brewing in Monroe, Wisconsin.
This is unequivocally the correct answer. Minhas, Boxer, Hiland (Kum and Go), Mountain Crest, Kirkland (Costco).
I'm surprised they don't make Rhinelander because that is awful too.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I can't believe some of the beers people drink on here. The old Dr. Pepper had more kick than the new ales(the old one before the new recipe took that burning peppery flavor out). My worst beer was Blatz light. This was a crappy beer.

Leininkugels (SP???) Vanilla Porter. Yuck.

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
Completely agree. This is the main reason I skip summer seasonals at breweries due to the shandy fad. They taste like someone dumped lemonade in a beer.

Shandy's are exactly that. Shandy's are typically a light lager with sprite or lemonade added.

But I agree - Leinie's has taken it a bit far. That's what my mom likes and got her the 12 pak sampler. I had to finish them off after she left and the pomegranate is just fizzy water.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Coming from Fort Collins, CO which has traditionally been the micro beer meca and about 5-10 years ahead of Iowa on the trend. I was in the beer industry for a while as well. A ton of breweries popped up pushing out crap beer but as soon as the oversaturated market settled and the bad breweries were put out of business you get left with some quality micro brews. I still wish the IPA trend would settle down too. I am not one for a beer high on the IBU scale. I get why breweries make ipa’s. They are cheaper and faster to make. Why not make a product that you can pump out at a faster pace. But the over hopping it and then dry hopping the crap out of it (I know how that sounds) fad needs to fade away, at least for the flagship product. I love a good lager with a sweeter malty profile. They take more time, but so do most good things. Sorry for my rant, but to get back to the original questions...any sours for me. Hate that funky yeast.