Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Joe Buck is the one I can't tolerate at all.

I was all excited when I saw Holly and Bob for the K-Boo/Huggy Baloo game last night, and then instead of Fran, had to listen to Bilas kiss the K-Boo hindquarters. Sad. Fran does it too, just not as extensively.

Of course we love Fran because he's a closet Clone. But I like him mostly because he is complimentary without gushing. He's **** Vitale, except in college instead in the sixth grade.

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
We get some semblance of winter (low 30's with freezing rain) here in Houston and the entire city shuts down. Was sent home from work at 10am today and just was told to not show up until after noon tomorrow. I think the last time I cracked a beer at 2:30pm on a Tuesday was VEISHEA circa 2013.

Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We get some semblance of winter (low 30's with freezing rain) here in Houston and the entire city shuts down. Was sent home from work at 10am today and just was told to not show up until after noon tomorrow. I think the last time I cracked a beer at 2:30pm on a Tuesday was VEISHEA circa 2013.

No wonder VEISHEA was cancelled. You youngin's got soft. I was usually on round 2 by that time.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I started reading this thinking that you were complaining. Then I realized you were bragging.

And to think, I almost felt sorry for you for a sentence.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
@BoxsterCy @Cyclones_R_GR8

Just a little help. I'm sure they are legit and are looking for older, more seasoned gentlemen. If Boxster still has a good cough he would be extremely attractive to these ladies.

• Funny
Reactions: oldman

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Haven't cracked a beer before 2:30? Go on a vacation with a bunch of idiot (I mean this in an endearing way) 40-somethings. The peer pressure may be greater than in college.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
OK, here's a random thought - every time I have to listen to Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, I end up gnashing my teeth. I don't consider myself a grammar Nazi (although the vixen certainly does!), but Aikman constantly will say, "Case Keenum, he likes to......" or "The Vikings, they have a tendency....". Good grief. Does no one at Fox have an even elementary command of grammar, to tell Aikman to quit using double pronouns? The other one that drives me bonkers is "have got". As in, "We've got to play better."

/end rant
Looked him up to see where he was from because I thought it might be a colloquial style (I knew he played for the Cowboys, but didn't know if he was native to Texas). Turns out he was born in the same small part of LA that I was, although it was just Covina when I was born, not West Covina, and we didn't actually live there. We lived in Azusa, but there was no hospital there. :)

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
OK, here's a random thought - every time I have to listen to Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, I end up gnashing my teeth. I don't consider myself a grammar Nazi (although the vixen certainly does!), but Aikman constantly will say, "Case Keenum, he likes to......" or "The Vikings, they have a tendency....". Good grief. Does no one at Fox have an even elementary command of grammar, to tell Aikman to quit using double pronouns? The other one that drives me bonkers is "have got". As in, "We've got to play better."

/end rant
In his defense, Troy Aikman has had quite a few concussions. I think if a bird poops on his head he gets concussed nowadays.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

CysTheLimit

Jan 16, 2018
The Cube franchise should have ended after the first one. Second one was okay, though a bit out there with a ridiculous ending. Cube Zero almost felt like a satire of the whole series, so I would say it is worth a watch but don't expect it to be like the first two.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
In his defense, Troy Aikman has had quite a few concussions. I think if a bird poops on his head he gets concussed nowadays.

Read an article about Aikman where he stated that concussions were not the cause of his retirement, rather it was back problems and the pain associated with that. (Of course, if he's been concussed that many times, he probably isn't the best one to ask.)

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It makes you wonder when someone says they can't find something and they looked all over for it and you go back and it is in the EXACT SPOT you said it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.