Big Monday: 10 KU @ 6 WVU

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You realize that at some point the bottom has to win some games against the top for the RPI to increase alot?

So far they haven't done that and there is a clear cut line between the top 4 and everyone else, at least so far.

When TCU is currently ranked and isn't in your clear top 4 that doesn't help your argument questioning the strength of the Big 12...

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
You realize that at some point the bottom has to win some games against the top for the RPI to increase alot?

So far they haven't done that and there is a clear cut line between the top 4 and everyone else, at least so far.

When TCU is currently ranked and isn't in your clear top 4 that doesn't help your argument questioning the strength of the Big 12...

Too early to tell either way five games into an eighteen game schedule. TCU was a heartbeat away in their losses, so the team records don't tell the full story. TCU is better than 1-4 would suggest. They're just not catching any late game breaks, a trend that I hope continues for at least one more game.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

Im not questioning it's strength, I think it's best conference in basketball. I do however think it's weaker as a whole than in previous years.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Im not questioning it's strength, I think it's best conference in basketball. I do however think it's weaker as a whole than in previous years.

It might not be as top heavy but I think it's more competitive top to bottom. No games off this year for anybody, whereas in the past a good Big 12 team could coast against the Texas Techs and TCU's of the conference.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Huh? There are 4 Big 12 teams in the Top 10 and TCU is down at #24. Sorry, but they shouldnt be in anyone's clear Top 4. They lost at home to KU and were swept by OU already.