Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Saturday is going to be ******* awesome. It will be the first weekend (not counting Christmas) that I don't have to be anywhere or do anything. My wife is going to be at a girls weekend with some college friends. Iowa State has an afternoon basketball game that I can watch from the comfort of my own couch (day drinking!). Just gonna be great.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
She is definite high drama. I think she has panic attacks and claims it's asthma to try to look better. She's had a couple situations where something happens that caused a stressor to happen to her and she claims an asthma attack where everything from my training signals a panic attack.

I don't know much about panic attacks. A severe asthma attack can include panic as a symptom. I think both involve breathing trouble, being sweaty, and panic. A severe asthma attack, you can't stop coughing. I don't think you see that with a panic attack but not really sure.

Middle school basketball coach was punishing one of my boys' teams for having 25 turnovers in a 7th grade game with some excessive running for each turnover. Son started coughing and could not stop, and got his rescue inhaler from his bag. Coach sent him out to call me by himself and he passed out. Fortunately, a teammate saw him when he ran to the water fountain. We weren't sure if that was an exercise attack, as that is the only one he ever had in sports. He thought it might have been teammate drowning in Axe body spray next to him. That is most severe attack anyone in the family has had except my brother when he was little. He went to the emergency room many times, but I think that would have been better with today's preventive medicine.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Disliked because I suffer from many allergies, and most don't understand what an intimate agony it is. When I was younger I would suffer so bad that the roof of my mouth and inside my ears itched.

I work a ton on my conditioning, and my lungs can do tremendous things.
My mother and in-laws refuse to acknowledge the problem. Opened a gift for Christmas and couldn't breathe within a couple minutes.

Just because people don't see it doesn't mean it ain't real. Sorry for your pain on that. That's horrible.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Saturday is going to be ******* awesome. It will be the first weekend (not counting Christmas) that I don't have to be anywhere or do anything. My wife is going to be at a girls weekend with some college friends. Iowa State has an afternoon basketball game that I can watch from the comfort of my own couch (day drinking!). Just gonna be great.
My wife just got home from a girls weekend in California with college friends. It was 78 each day she was there and I had to stay home with 3 kids.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
My wife just got home from a girls weekend in California with college friends. It was 78 each day she was there and I had to stay home with 3 kids.

Just me and the Doggo. ******* Frozen pizzas, Pizza rolls, too much beer, and cleaning like a mad man Sunday morning

Reactions: oldman

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I work a ton on my conditioning, and my lungs can do tremendous things.
My mother and in-laws refuse to acknowledge the problem. Opened a gift for Christmas and couldn't breathe within a couple minutes.

Just because people don't see it doesn't mean it ain't real. Sorry for your pain on that. That's horrible.

Years ago I moved into an apartment, and the previous renters had 3 cats. When the furnace kicked on in the fall, all that cat dander came shooting out the heat ducts......I had to literally leave the building. I was wheezing like I was asthmatic. So, yeah.....I'm right there with you. I keep a couple bottles of Benylin (Benadryl in liquid form, works faster) in the house at all times.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Years ago I moved into an apartment, and the previous renters had 3 cats. When the furnace kicked on in the fall, all that cat dander came shooting out the heat ducts......I had to literally leave the building. I was wheezing like I was asthmatic. So, yeah.....I'm right there with you. I keep a couple bottles of Benylin (Benadryl in liquid form, works faster) in the house at all times.

Yeah, that would stink. Seems like a landlord could disclose that sort of thing.

Taking notes on Benylin. That sounds all right.
Looking forward to my lungs being clear enough to put away my daily Claritin and retire the air purifiers. We had them put away until Thanksgiving. Someday soon, I think, they can retire again.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

Well then, I think you should come over this weekend. We can watch ISU BB, NFL playoffs, order pizza, drink whiskey, and talk smart.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Just me and the Doggo. ******* Frozen pizzas, Pizza rolls, too much beer, and cleaning like a mad man Sunday morning
I had to do that Monday afternoon.

She stayed two nights with a friend in Santa Monica and one night with a friend near Laguna Beach and she only saw one celebrity and it was one of the Real Housewives from one of those dumb shows. The most important thing she learned is that there are some not-so-safe neighborhoods in Santa Monica. The friend that lives there has had her house broken into 3 times.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Yeah, that would stink. Seems like a landlord could disclose that sort of thing.

Taking notes on Benylin. That sounds all right.
Looking forward to my lungs being clear enough to put away my daily Claritin and retire the air purifiers. We had them put away until Thanksgiving. Someday soon, I think, they can retire again.

I take cetirizine (Zyrtec) every day to help keep the itching thing to a minimum. I also keep Flonase around in case I need a quick nasal cleaning. You learn these things after awhile, to avoid the really intense suffering. ;)

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Well then, I think you should come over this weekend. We can watch ISU BB, NFL playoffs, order pizza, drink whiskey, and talk smart.
It was last weekend. I should have had you all over then. You could have all helped me coach basketball Sunday morning. It couldn't have been any worse.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
OK, here's a random thought - every time I have to listen to Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, I end up gnashing my teeth. I don't consider myself a grammar Nazi (although the vixen certainly does!), but Aikman constantly will say, "Case Keenum, he likes to......" or "The Vikings, they have a tendency....". Good grief. Does no one at Fox have an even elementary command of grammar, to tell Aikman to quit using double pronouns? The other one that drives me bonkers is "have got". As in, "We've got to play better."

/end rant

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I really should. I do have plans with some friends I haven't seen in a couple of years on Saturday night. I also need to coach basketball at 8:00 on Sunday morning.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
OK, here's a random thought - every time I have to listen to Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, I end up gnashing my teeth. I don't consider myself a grammar Nazi (although the vixen certainly does!), but Aikman constantly will say, "Case Keenum, he likes to......" or "The Vikings, they have a tendency....". Good grief. Does no one at Fox have an even elementary command of grammar, to tell Aikman to quit using double pronouns? The other one that drives me bonkers is "have got". As in, "We've got to play better."

/end rant
At least networks quit giving Emmit Smith airtime.
"The way you perform make them feel about you different"

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

/end rant

Joe Buck is the one I can't tolerate at all.

I was all excited when I saw Holly and Bob for the K-Boo/Huggy Baloo game last night, and then instead of Fran, had to listen to Bilas kiss the K-Boo hindquarters. Sad. Fran does it too, just not as extensively.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I don't know much about panic attacks. A severe asthma attack can include panic as a symptom. I think both involve breathing trouble, being sweaty, and panic. A severe asthma attack, you can't stop coughing. I don't think you see that with a panic attack but not really sure.

Middle school basketball coach was punishing one of my boys' teams for having 25 turnovers in a 7th grade game with some excessive running for each turnover. Son started coughing and could not stop, and got his rescue inhaler from his bag. Coach sent him out to call me by himself and he passed out. Fortunately, a teammate saw him when he ran to the water fountain. We weren't sure if that was an exercise attack, as that is the only one he ever had in sports. He thought it might have been teammate drowning in Axe body spray next to him. That is most severe attack anyone in the family has had except my brother when he was little. He went to the emergency room many times, but I think that would have been better with today's preventive medicine.

Panic attacks don't have much, usually none, coughing. This woman doesnt have much, several times its just one cough and then she starts talking about how bad she is. She can talk about it for 5 minutes and her coughing is polite enough to wait for her to be done speaking and cough once between her statements.

• Funny
Reactions: carvers4math

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Back to coaching basketball games this Saturday for 4th graders. First tournament is always a blood bath, last two groups learned that I knew more than they thought that day. I have a feeling this one won't learn that lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron