Jacob Park to transfer

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Totally agree. I also see how he could feel that way watching success without him and Kempt and zeb quicky getting embraced. He went from the perception of our most import piece to hey "hope he comes back depth would be nice". That would be tough for anyone to stomach and am sure it is hard to be happy for your team and watch them be more successful without you. I personally really wanted him back. He is a hell of a talent and hope he has a hell of a year for whoever.

To add to this though, you had 2 QBs that are roomies and publicly cheered for one another when their time came up, DM complimenting his Oline even though anyone could see it was him doing the work, and a former QB willingly switching to MLB, and coming in to get tough yards at crucial situations.

'One of these is not like the other'.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

tenor.gif

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Well that sucks and is disappointing. Good luck to him. He is the most talented QB we’ve had in awhile and next year’s prognosis takes a step back without him.

Fans did turn on him in some sense, even distorting the situation to fit their narrative. But he’ll find in life that’s there’s no demographic that will let you off the hook when you don’t do your job.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
[QUOTE="FinalFourCy, post: 5960991, member: 37336"Fans did turn on him in some sense, even distorting the situation to fit their narrative. But he’ll find in life that’s there’s no demographic that will let you off the hook when you don’t do your job.[/QUOTE]

Examples, please.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I wasn't aware of any of that. He had his meltdown vs. Texas, CMC bodychecked him on the sideline, and he head a health issue that kept him out the rest of the season. Have to be respectful of a health/medical issue affecting a kid keeping them from the field, I had no idea it was a drug thing.
What's with the avatar? Did you lose a bet?

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Two things.
I don't think smoking weed = drug problem. Secondly, I'm not gonna overreact to a comment made by a college kid leaving Ames in like a week.

Good luck to him.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
WTF? CF wasn't against the man

If you base your identity with what you read on this site, you are in trouble. Needs to use the Ignore tool. I'm blaming the TOE trolls who hammered Park on the site.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I wish him the best. His kid is priority #1.

That said, a guy who has transferred multiple times doesn't get a long leash. There are guys on the team 1,000 miles from their kids and families and they're out there being a teammate. So it's not an excuse.

If my employee wants a new job he can either tell me he wants to further his career elsewhere and thanks me for the opportunity and I will wish him well. Or he can say I was the worst boss ever and our company was terrible.

In both cases the end result is the same: He is gone. But only in one case do I still have respect for him.

A mature kid might have said , "big changes in my life altered my priorities and I need to transfer. Thanks for the opportunity, Cyclone fans"

Same result except no one loses respect for him.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Seeing that football, school, a baby, and living with the mom leading him to transfer, maybe he couldn't handle the duties of being a dad and is using this as an excuse.

Obviously I hope not, but 50% of his reason for transferring has nothing to do with Iowa State.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Don’t think this kid is cut out for the D1 spotlight. Deuces. Find some maturity and take responsibility for your own actions and success will likely follow. He’s left a lot of schools and my guess is the biggest problem is the common denominator and it isn’t college. He should remember he had a captain’s C on his jersey. I wish him well but think we’ll come out ahead with someone we can trust. Zeb...next man in.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Well that sucks and is disappointing. Good luck to him. He is the most talented QB we’ve had in awhile and next year’s prognosis takes a step back without him.

Fans did turn on him in some sense, even distorting the situation to fit their narrative. But he’ll find in life that’s there’s no demographic that will let you off the hook when you don’t do your job.
It might be a step back in experience from Jacob to Zeb, but going into the offseason knowing that the expectation will be that Zeb is the #1 should be a positive. The Park situation will no longer be looming in the background as a distraction.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron