#16 Devils of Sun vs #2 We Boo for Fun

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Boo U goes to Nebbie for their next game. Nebbie not playing too badly. How delicious would it be to see the Boohawks lose in Lincoln!?
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if we lost at Nebraska. They just beat a ranked Minnesota in Lincoln and gave Creighton a game of it until the last few minutes.

KU is struggling right now. They are terrible at perimeter defense and due to their limited rotation, they aren't practicing as much as other teams and it shows. Add in the fact that Arizona State is an excellent team and yesterday went just about as I expected it to. ASU is a really good team and were flat out better than Kansas at nearly every position on the floor. I was impressed by their speed and shooting ability and they sucked at defense a little less than KU, which was enough.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Since that Washington game counts as a home game for Kansas, there are a few stats that come into play. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Kansas hadn’t lost consecutive home games under Bill Self before this week. In fact, the last time it happened was in February 1989, in Roy Williams’ first season as Kansas’ coach. The Jayhawks also had never lost consecutive home games as a ranked team.
http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebas...d/120247/kansas-loses-second-in-a-row-at-home

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Boo U goes to Nebbie for their next game. Nebbie not playing too badly. How delicious would it be to see the Boohawks lose in Lincoln!?
This would not surprise me...they had Creighton on the ropes and it was at Creighton...Nebby wins that game in Lincoln. Their guard play is surprisingly good this year...bad news for Boo U.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
This would not surprise me...they had Creighton on the ropes and it was at Creighton...Nebby wins that game in Lincoln. Their guard play is surprisingly good this year...bad news for Boo U.
Bad news for KU would be hearing that De Sousa didn't get the SAT score he needed to be able to play for KU this year and that Preston won't be able to play at all.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Bad news for KU would be hearing that De Sousa didn't get the SAT score he needed to be able to play for KU this year and that Preston won't be able to play at all.

What's going on with Preston? Obviously being out this long means something happened

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
What sucks about this is that the Pac 12 can say KU would've never won this many championships in a row if they played in a real conference...

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
What sucks about this is that the Pac 12 can say KU would've never won this many championships in a row if they played in a real conference...
Why does that suck? Anyone confusing the difference between two games and the battle of attrition that is a conference regular season title isn’t worth listening to. KU has lost plenty of games in the Big 12 to teams worse than those two.

I think everyone recognizes that KU “wins” games in the Big 12 that they shouldn’t. It ends up hurting them when the confirmation bias goes away in the Tournament.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I'd rather the conference be questioned than the fundamental eligibility of the program. Anyone who thinks that the Wooden led UCLA teams could have accomplished even 25% of what they did without Sam Gilbert is either crazy or under the age of 25 and has never looked into it at all.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Graham Couch at LSJ dropped KU from 4th to NR, elevated Arizona State from 22nd to 8th.

Poll Tracker

Week 5 for comparison

I think Couch has voted ISU well in recent years' polling, but whatever. Kansas not helped by Washington loss, for sure, but if you a team 4th, then it loses at home to #22, then isn't ranked, how do you justify jumping opponent 14 spots? ASU's other win was vs. St. John's but Couch doesn't have that team ranked anyway.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Follow-up, Couch also dropped Notre Dame only 6 places after losing at home to Ball State.

I'm no apologist for KU, but his poll is soaked in dart-throwing even beyond that.

I anticipate Parrish is going to target him in "Poll Attacks" this week. Should be a fun read.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron