Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Thin mints are the only one I can describe, but they are awesome.
You have a daughter that will be starting scouting age soon. You'll know the cookies names soon after that. You'll also learn that the new cookies are never as good as the classic cookies: Thank You Berry Munch - Gross, Dulce de Leche - Yuck.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Since my daughter was the only Scout in her council to sell door to door and was perennially one of the top sellers despite never doing a cookie booth I think I am probably qualified to weigh in on the GS cookie naming conventions. The reason there is more than one name for several of the GS cookies has nothing to do with renaming. It has to do with there being two different bakeries that make the cookies for the Girl Scouts. ABC Bakers has Peanut Butter Patties, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Caramel Delights and Shortbread. Little Brownie Bakers has Tagalongs, Do-si-dos, Samoas, and Trefoils. But those different names are essentially the same cookies. They both have a newer s'more cookies but they are totally different and they both have a Thin Mint which look similar but taste different.

Our Council had problems getting stock when we needed it one year so the next year they switched bakeries.

I have to admit that when she quit scouting I was happy to no longer go door to door with her in Minnesota in February since that was Dad's job.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You have a daughter that will be starting scouting age soon. You'll know the cookies names soon after that. You'll also learn that the new cookies are never as good as the classic cookies: Thank You Berry Munch - Gross, Dulce de Leche - Yuck.
If you like lemon sweets the ABC's Lemonades are awesome. Otherwise, I think you hit the nail on the head. Those newer ones never sold nearly as well as the Thin Mints, Samoas or Tagalongs either.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Since my daughter was the only Scout in her council to sell door to door and was perennially one of the top sellers despite never doing a cookie booth I think I am probably qualified to weigh in on the GS cookie naming conventions. The reason there is more than one name for several of the GS cookies has nothing to do with renaming. It has to do with there being two different bakeries that make the cookies for the Girl Scouts. ABC Bakers has Peanut Butter Patties, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Caramel Delights and Shortbread. Little Brownie Bakers has Tagalongs, Do-si-dos, Samoas, and Trefoils. But those different names are essentially the same cookies. They both have a newer s'more cookies but they are totally different and they both have a Thin Mint which look similar but taste different.

Our Council had problems getting stock when we needed it one year so the next year they switched bakeries.

I have to admit that when she quit scouting I was happy to no longer go door to door with her in Minnesota in February since that was Dad's job.

We must get everything supplied by ABC Bakers down here because I have never heard of any of the Little Brownie names outside of the Samoas.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We must get everything supplied by ABC Bakers down here because I have never heard of any of the Little Brownie names outside of the Samoas.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/75103/alert-girl-scout-cookies-differ-depending-where-you-live

bakeriesmap.jpg

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Random thoughts...

Seriously considering wearing jeans every day next week.

Although I have not noticed a ton of change on air KCRG has really fallen off with their online and social media presence since being bought by Grey.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Random thoughts...

Seriously considering wearing jeans every day next week.

Although I have not noticed a ton of change on air KCRG has really fallen off with their online and social media presence since being bought by Grey.
Grey?
Are they getting whipped in the ratings?
Does it seem like the on-air personalities are being gagged?
Are the employees lashing out?
Or do they feel too tied down at work?
Maybe they just need Some More time.

• Funny
Reactions: oldman

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
First part, not my hometown. Think of a town close to FD that you would not want to be from, that is where I'm at. I always mention the farm location when asked randomly. This town is always mentioned in articles when a murder happens. Either born here, raised here, captured here, committed the crime here. This place has anger issues and it seems to pass that vibe to all that stick around and assimilate. I'm not assimilated and sleep with an eye open incase my wife decides to cult up.

Second part, just trying to be efficient.
Pretty sure any suburb of FD has anger issues.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron