RECRUITING: Jake Remsburg commits

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Recruiting rankings, in my opinion, don't mean jack S***. Remsburg is a great get. His game tape speaks for itself.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Recruiting rankings, in my opinion, don't mean jack S***. Remsburg is a great get. His game tape speaks for itself.
Very true for olineman imo, you can't teach size. I trust that Manning will work him up to being a big 12 lineman in a couple years.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Great pickup...welcome aboard Jake. It's going to be hard to stop this train as it is already rolling down the tracks and picking up speed. Yep, put something extra in my coffee this morning...

;)

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
In general they mean something, but on an individual level it’s not sufficient. Particularly on the OL. I’d bet that every year this state will produce 5 to 8 guys that are P5 starter level linemen by the time they’re seniors, but a good portion of them will start as walkons.

Reactions: cyputz

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
Remsburg doesn't have a star rating, but with that size and not even a a HS senior....damn sure he will be atleast a 3 star and get more offers. Momma feeding him well. Hope he sticks with us. Line is the most important position group, this is a solid addition to get the 2019 recruiting rolling.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
Great pickup...welcome aboard Jake. It's going to be hard to stop this train as it is already rolling down the tracks and picking up speed. Yep, put something extra in my coffee this morning...

;)
You put Kool-Aid in your coffee?!

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Does anyone know where the film is of valley vs Dowling from last fall?

I assume Remsburg lined up vs Waggoner quite a bit.

How'd he do?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
He has taken Orlando Pace's pancake block to the next level. It is called the waffle block because he leaves them flat on their back like a pancake block but with cleat marks on them as he runs them over.

;)
I vote we call him IHOP because he will be serving up waffles and pancakes 24/7. And maybe crepes? Omlettes as well. Crap - now I have to google IHOP menu...

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Does anyone know where the film is of valley vs Dowling from last fall?

I assume Remsburg lined up vs Waggoner quite a bit.

How'd he do?

I heard this discussed by some recruiting guy on the radio the other night. He said while Waggoner beat him a couple of times, Rembsburg got a lot of notice that game for how he held his own against Waggoner. The recruiting guy had him flagged as a player to watch and his stokc was going up. Talked up the ND involvement in his recruiting.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
In general they mean something, but on an individual level it’s not sufficient. Particularly on the OL. I’d bet that every year this state will produce 5 to 8 guys that are P5 starter level linemen by the time they’re seniors, but a good portion of them will start as walkons.

Following this pattern: there is a kid in Nevada (ia) that went out for FB near the end of the his jr season this year. 6’2” 275, very strong kid. Was into lifting and continues even more so now. Anxious to see how he does, as he fills out.