Checking-in on Darius McNeil (and other past recruits)

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Other guys that de-committed or we just missed on...

KeyShawn Feazell has had only spot minutes for Mississippi State...

upload_2017-12-11_13-28-14.png

They are undefeated, but do not exactly have an impressive schedule...

upload_2017-12-11_13-28-53.png

Isaiah Stokes (Florida) has not played with a knee injury. He might not play this year.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Personally, I like checking in on guys we missed on or guys we passed on just to see if they're playing how I expected and to see if our staff evaluated them well. So at least one person appreciated your update :)

Same. I don't see the problem with following the careers of guys we were connected to during the recruiting process. I think it's interesting actually.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic and Doc

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Other guys that de-committed or we just missed on...

KeyShawn Feazell has had only spot minutes for Mississippi State...

View attachment 52347

They are undefeated, but do not exactly have an impressive schedule...

View attachment 52348

Isaiah Stokes (Florida) has not played with a knee injury. He might not play this year.
Feazell was injured (ankle) early in the season and potentially that’s lingering.

We were on White for ASU. Boy would he look good next to Brase, Lard and Young.

Of the grad transfers, Lofton (NMSt) was a guy I didn’t think would be a good pickup, but he’d definitely be better than an open spot.

• Informative
Reactions: Sigmapolis

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Good player, but who would have sat so he could start at ISU? Guessing he might have had similar numbers to Lewis? Cal is a bad basketball team, so kid is gonna get a lot of playing time

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Good player, but who would have sat so he could start at ISU? Guessing he might have had similar numbers to Lewis? Cal is a bad basketball team, so kid is gonna get a lot of playing time
Why do you ask? Are we only interested in getting guys that are Day 1 starters?

McNeill (or Wright) would have been a nice asset to this team and a huge one going forward. Both those guys would have provided a bit of a Lard or Brase type boost from the bench, but in the backcourt.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Shakur Juiston having himself a good year so far. Would have been great to have him don't get me wrong, but if Brase continues to give serviceable minutes I'm more excited about Lard getting PT and experience. He has been fun to watch so far and should grow as the season continues.
As much as our coping mechanism wants it to be, it was never a Lard develops vs Juiston situation. If it wasn’t obvious enough, just remember Beverly is averaging 20 minutes.

Besides, it’s more exciting to have better records from having Juiston and a little less developed Lard for the next two years.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Why do you ask? Are we only interested in getting guys that are Day 1 starters?
McNeill (or Wright) would have been a nice asset to this team.....

If we are talking about the success of this year's team, I definitely would rather have a double/double power forward in our starting line-up (Juiston) than another back up guard.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
  • Hallice Cooke - Nevada 3.6 ppg 2.3 rpg 1.5 apg in 15 mpg
  • Clayton Custer - Loyola 13.4 ppg 2.4 rpg 4.3 apg in 31 mpg
  • Brady Ernst - FGCU 2.6 ppg 3.0 rpg in 13 mpg
  • Simeon Carter - Georgia Southern sitting our season
  • Ray Kasongo - could not find any info
  • Shakur Juiston - UNLV - 14.2 ppg 11.2 rpg 2.8 apg in 28 mpg
  • Elijah Brown - Oregon - 13.7 ppg 3.8 rpg 3.6 apg in 32 mpg
  • Darien Williams - Nevada - 3.2 ppg 2.6 rpg in 8.8 mpg
  • Emmanuel Malou - could not find stats.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
  • Hallice Cooke - Nevada 3.6 ppg 2.3 rpg 1.5 apg in 15 mpg
  • Clayton Custer - Loyola 13.4 ppg 2.4 rpg 4.3 apg in 31 mpg
  • Brady Ernst - FGCU 2.6 ppg 3.0 rpg in 13 mpg
  • Simeon Carter - Georgia Southern sitting our season
  • Ray Kasongo - could not find any info
  • Shakur Juiston - UNLV - 14.2 ppg 11.2 rpg 2.8 apg in 28 mpg
  • Elijah Brown - Oregon - 13.7 ppg 3.8 rpg 3.6 apg in 32 mpg
  • Darien Williams - Nevada - 3.2 ppg 2.6 rpg in 8.8 mpg
  • Emmanuel Malou - could not find stats.

I can't believe Prohm let Ernst go. 5 foul games to give, Jared Homan, etc!

• Funny
Reactions: srjclone

TuckerBlayze

May 17, 2009
Question...would you rather have Juiston this season and next year (without one of our recruits) or have Horton-Tucker and Zion Griffin together for the next couple of years?

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
If we are talking about the success of this year's team, I definitely would rather have a double/double power forward in our starting line-up (Juiston) than another back up guard.
It would have best to have him as well, although I view decommits in May as more of “what-ifs”.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I am too. I think it is because he wanted to come and ISU passed.
Yeah, definitely, and I also think he is a really solid player. However, I understand why we passed. But I think you are right, if Tyler Harris doesn't (probably won't) come here, I know I will find myself looking for his stats every now and then.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Question...would you rather have Juiston this season and next year (without one of our recruits) or have Horton-Tucker and Zion Griffin together for the next couple of years?

I do not think that is a choice you ultimately need to make. The roster tends to shake out where the best, i.e., the ones likely to find playing time, would stay.

If Juiston was a likely starter and given how highly-touted are ZG and THT, I think there is no reason to think the roster would not have ended up with all three.

• Winner
Reactions: FinalFourCy

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Definitely the latter. Juiston would have been nice, but having THT and Zion is much better for the future of the program.

Last edited: