*** Official Iowa Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Nothing better than Chris Hassel tears.

I was surprised that the white haired ref (Eades?) gave us the calls on a few 50/50 plays in the last 10 minutes.

******** about any block call that’s not within the arc is always weak though.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Pretty cool to see Niang and Jok bet each other $1000, loser to donate $1000 to Blank Children's hospital or University of Iowa Children's hospital. Jok tweeted he will honor the bet and it is immediately watered down by loser hoks fans
upload_2017-12-7_21-55-15.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-7_21-54-39.png
    upload_2017-12-7_21-54-39.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 10

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Hassel is a troll-artist. But, if he wants to gripe about calls - I think they botched the call when Baer knocked the ball out of Babb's hand. Babb was going at a certain angle as he brought the ball up. The ball ends up in a total different trajectory due to the Iola player knocking it away. It should have been the Cyclones ball and a chance for us to score with 8 sec on the shot clock. We still may NOT have scored, but that is 8 more seconds that would have run off.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I was surprised that the white haired ref (Eades?) gave us the calls on a few 50/50 plays in the last 10 minutes.

******** about any block call that’s not within the arc is always weak though.
I don't have the beef with Tom Eades (there were two refs tonight with the last name Eades, no relation) like so many people on here do. If he makes bad call, it tends to be 50/50 split between both teams.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Hassel is a troll-artist. But, if he wants to gripe about calls - I think they botched the call when Baer knocked the ball out of Babb's hand. Babb was going at a certain angle as he brought the ball up. The ball ends up in a total different trajectory due to the Iola player knocking it away. It should have been the Cyclones ball and a chance for us to score with 8 sec on the shot clock. We still may NOT have scored, but that is 8 more seconds that would have run off.
Shhh..That doesn't fit Hassel's narrative!!

Reactions: kentkel

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Pretty cool to see Niang and Jok bet each other $1000, loser to donate $1000 to Blank Children's hospital or University of Iowa Children's hospital. Jok tweeted he will honor the bet and it is immediately watered down by loser hoks fans
View attachment 52291
So I'm confused. Which refs brought "Log Cabin's" little brother a present for the Holidays? That was certainly nice of complete strangers to do that. I suppose "Log Cabin" can't afford too many nice gifts on the salary he gets at Mickey D's.

• Funny
Reactions: CycoCyclone

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Baer definitely knocked it out of Babb’s hand and changed the trajectory, but I think it last went off Babb’s hand.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX

Big game from the freshman!

Awesome, I'm becomming a big T Lewis fan; really looking forward to his future. And yes, he hit a big trey and canned his FT. He had one more open look trey but missed. I think he and an insane 3pt % in high school - something like 57%?@?