OFFICIAL: Iowa State vs. Memphis in the Liberty Bowl

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
Not ideal, but bring it on.

On the plus side, should be a really feasible trip for our fanbase. By playing the home team, you'd think hotels will stay reasonable as hell.

We've beaten (much) better teams on the road this year.
You’d think so, but at noon today I booked a hotel in Memphis to be safe and the rooms were about $80-$100 more the night before the bowl game.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Love Memphis, and the Liberty Bowl is great - at least it has a name and has been around a long time.

But playing UMemphis in their own stadium? BARF. Win and no one cares, lose and its embarrassing -- because they are a G5 (albeit a quite good team).

I was 100% ready to go to the Liberty Bowl. But <50% chance I go to a road game in Memphis.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
How often will Memphis folks set off the fire alarm at the team hotel?

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Love Memphis, and the Liberty Bowl is great - at least it has a name and has been around a long time.

But playing UMemphis in their own stadium? BARF. Win and no one cares, lose and its embarrassing -- because they are a G5 (albeit a quite good team).

I was 100% ready to go to the Liberty Bowl. But <50% chance I go to a road game in Memphis.

Memphis is ranked in the top 25 (or they were yesterday). I'm pretty sure intelligent football fans realize that. I realize that some Iowa State fans are not intelligent.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron