UNI At it Again

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
(It's late in the Villanova-UNI game and 'Nova has a 9-pt lead, as I write this.)

This UNI team is going to present a tough match-up for ISU. Their defense will make it a challenge for ISU into a good rhythm on offense. Koch and Carlson will battle on the boards and make it tough to get transition baskets.

Villanova's defense has really taken UNI out of its offense - in the 2nd half, they're launching long, contested jumpers.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
I know Drake is going to be much improved, but I'm glad we're playing them at Wells Fargo this year rather than UNI. I'll bet anything the Panthers beat Iowa.

Jacobson has an amazing system in place. It's ugly but very effective. Incredibly frustrating to play against.

• Funny
Reactions: isutrevman

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
UNI lost by 14, but they kept it pretty close for a good part of the second half. They just stopped knocking down shots and Nova heated up. Tough to go a game without attempting a free throw.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I don't think he thought anything was wrong with that. If you re-read his post replacing Richard for the ----, it's more of an informative post than anything. I originally read it thinking he was saying f Vitale, too!
Haha. I typed the name but when it posted it changed it to ****. So, Richard Vitale said that he thinks UNI might be the best team in Iowa at the moment ...

• Funny
Reactions: MNCYWX

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think they are the best team right now. Hopefully, we'll have something to say about that by the time March rolls around.

Agree. No doubt that UNI is the best team in the state right now. Hopefully that changes to ISU at some point, but right now it's UNI by a good margin over ISU and Iowa IMO.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
They beat SMU and NC State (who beat Arizona) to get to a matchup with Villanova. It just amazes me how they develop their guys and have new guys step up each year. Small rotation but an impressive team.

GMac is a good coach and recruits good players. He was snake-bitten here but otherwise he's a top-notch coach.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman