When will Jacob Park return to ISU Football

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Park is the most talented QB since Wallace, and it’s not very close.

I have complete confidence in this staff to manage the situation, whatever it may be.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
It wasn't his play that did him in during the Texas game and it wasn't about rather we had won or lost. Rewatch the broadcast. After his televised verbal altercation with Matt, if I were Matt I would have immediately sent him to the locker room and told him to clean out his locker.
That was so overblown by ESPN. I am confident it had nothing to do with why he hasn't played since then.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
A televised verbal altercation with the coach (during a game, in front of fans, team mates, staff and a televised national audience) was a big deal in my opinion. He also verbally had issues with the wide receivers while in the game. Campbell was not fine with it. He would take care of it in his office on Monday morning. And he did. Campbell did it with a great deal of compassion, which is to his credit, and is something that I may not have been able to do.

I agree, Campbell did not pull him. That tells you that it wasn't about Park's poor performance or that we were losing the game while he was in there. It was much deeper than that. It was about not playing within the team, within the concept, within the process. It was showing disrespect for the coach, players and fans. I'm sure that Park did not intentionally do that, he lost his composure and crossed the line. It was a very classy of Campbell to wait until Monday and in the privacy of his office take care of the situation.

Campbell knows that he has to have total team buy-in, right down to the water boy. Even if we had won the game, there was no way that Park's behavior and attitude would have been helpful to the team down the road had Campbell ignored it.

I am greatly disappointed in Park as I was a big fan of his even before his first game. I had high hopes for him. I like to see people succeed. Can Park? I don't know. It's up to him.

Park hasn't been gone for 2 months because of what happened in the UT game and the attempt of you to imply that that is the reason is ridiculous. To believe that was as big of a deal as some of you think it was, right now, is just as unreasonable as it was then. Campbell has had it out with multiple guys one the sideline before and it hasn't lead to this. Park said he wanted the play in faster in a demonstrative way. It wasn't that big of a deal in and of itself. The announcers and then fans made it way bigger than it needed to be and honestly probably didn't help anything in a effort to make Park their scapegoat for that game which, with his appearance and his personality, especially the one he was showing before that game, people were gladly willing to do.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Some people have very short memories on just how good an athlete Park is. Amazing arm, but also a pretty decent runner and able to escape under pressure. The total lack of a QB run other than Lanning hurts the offense and DM running.

BTW; still waiting for Lanning to go in there and throw a pass, or even run the option with DM.

You mean like the TD pass he threw to Lazard against Okie State?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Park was on the sideline during the last home game. He was not in uniform, but seemed happy to be there.

First I've heard of this. Thus, I'm skeptical of the report. Usual, reputable sources have not reported this.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

letsgostate

Nov 4, 2006
First I've heard of this. Thus, I'm skeptical of the report. Usual, reputable sources have not reported this.
It was either him or someone who had the same haircut. I was looking through binoculars. Didn't see his face, just the hair and stocking cap. Our whole group saw him about midfield in street clothes.