2017 Bowl Game Projection Scenarios

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cychopathic

Sep 2, 2017
You heard it here -

TCU Wins Big 12 Champ Game & Iowa State Wins vs KState

Big 12 Contract Bowl - TCU

Other New Year's Bowl - Oklahoma

1. Alamo - ISU ( ISU 6-3 Big 12 (overall - 8-4); Oklahoma State played in the Alamo bowl last year and with how well ISU travels bowl committee flip-flops ISU to Alamo - Oklahoma State to Camping World. Karma!

2. Camping World - Oklahoma State

Oklahoma Wins Big 12 Champ Game & Iowa State Wins vs KState

CFP Semifinal Invite - Oklahoma

1. Alamo - TCU

3. Texas Bowl - ISU

TCU Wins Big 12 Champ Game & Iowa State Loses vs KState

Big 12 Contract Bowl - TCU

Other New Year's Bowl - Oklahoma

1. Alamo - Texas (OK State played in it last year and flip-flops to Camping World)

3. Texas Bowl - West Virginia

4. Liberty - Kansas State

5. Cactus - ISU

Oklahoma Wins Big 12 Champ Game & Iowa State Loses vs KState

CFP Semifinal Invite - Oklahoma

1. Alamo - TCU

3. Texas Bowl - Texas

4. Liberty - WVU

5. Cactus - KState

6. Zaxby's HOD Bowl - ISU

• Informative
Reactions: FredCyclone

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Agreed. I don't think Liberty would pass us up if we're still there.. even at 7-5 I think we'd get the nod particularly because of our fan base.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
In the end, I guess it doesn't matter where it will be at. I'm thankful for reaching a bowl game and I'll be there.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
I would like memphis or orlando i think it will help in recruiting. A texas bowl i dont think would help us much

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
TCU would still have a pretty good chance at an at-large New Year's 6 bowl game at 11-2. Other teams in that top 12 range are going to lose in the CCGs, too. If that is the case we will end up in Orlando with Oklahoma in the CFP and Oklahoma State in the Alamo (this is if we beat K-State).

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
One thing I’ve learned looking at our bowl shot is our conference affiliation with bowls is worst of all P5...I mean last year didnt we have Citrus? Or was it Holiday? I cant recall. But I know outside NY6 it was one better than Alamo then it was Alamo after it..

• Agree
Reactions: burn587

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
One thing I’ve learned looking at our bowl shot is our conference affiliation with bowls is worst of all P5...I mean last year didnt we have Citrus? Or was it Holiday? I cant recall. But I know outside NY6 it was one better than Alamo then it was Alamo after it..

It’s the same as last year. Just the Orlando game has a lamer name now. And our bowl line up is comparable with pac 12.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Citrus is the former Capital One Bowl and has never had Big 12 affiliation. Holiday did prior to two seasons ago.

While the names of the bowls may not hold a lot of prestige, their payouts have placed them in line with our competition. Alamo and Liberty for instance have stepped up big. Camping World is former Champs Sports which is essentially on the level of Citrus. Heck, it’s the same bowl game with different teams.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Whether they expand the playoff field or not, I want them to use a full ranking of all 130 teams, then decide the bowl bids by true rank, allowing for some minor exceptions (no rematches from that season, for example).

Get rid of the "Big 10 5th vs. SEC 6th" designation. You'll still get some good matchups involving teams of similar quality anyway.

I'm OK if they make exception with NY6 bowls that aren't part of the playoff bracket. (At least until the field is expanded).

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
TCU would still have a pretty good chance at an at-large New Year's 6 bowl game at 11-2. Other teams in that top 12 range are going to lose in the CCGs, too. If that is the case we will end up in Orlando with Oklahoma in the CFP and Oklahoma State in the Alamo (this is if we beat K-State).

TCU would be 10-3.