Greatest sports weekend?

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Is this the best weekend of sports of the year?

3 great days of college football

A week of great college basketball tournaments

Heart of the NFL season

Most people have a light work week...I think opening weekend of March Madness is the greatest sporting events but it’s really just CBB going on.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
The best weekend is the first week of March Madness. Hands down. Even if it is just CBB going on.

Selection Sunday thru first weekend is my No. 1 with no question. I do like Feast Week and (to a lesser extent) CFB Rivalry Week, but I'm unable to watch many games of those most years, due to work and other commitments.

And now ... back to watching Ohio State vs. Gonzaga. :)

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Is this the best weekend of sports of the year?

3 great days of college football

A week of great college basketball tournaments

Heart of the NFL season

Most people have a light work week...I think opening weekend of March Madness is the greatest sporting events but it’s really just CBB going on.

There's what, six double digit dogs this weekend?

The NFL is in trouble.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It's a close second to March Madness but its definitely awesome. I treat both like a holiday. I've been off work/school since jr high for March Madness and the last two years, I've started taking off for Feast Week.

This year I convinced the wife to be off as well, we have our first kid due in 6 weeks so we used this staycation as one last hurrah to being lazy and selfish before he arrives. I've had slow cookers going all week with soups,dips,wings and lasagna. We only left the house for Thanksgiving yesterday, otherwise we've been hardcore bummin in front of some great college bball. It's been great...oh and I have an awesome wife

Reactions: cstrunk

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I disagree. Its a great weekend but any Saturday/Sunday during the fall beats it.

100% disagree. 48 win or go home games over 4 days, all between teams at the upper end of the sport.

You have but a few of those types of quality games on any given CFB weekend, and they ususally have smaller implications for the teams involved

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron