Black Friday/Cyber Monday Shopping

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
What's everyone looking for this year? Any awesome buys that have caught anybody's eye?

A couple days ago there was an ad on Facebook for Dyson vacuum's and I have been on the search for a new hardwood/carpet combo. Got a Dyson V6 Absolute cordless vac- $599 regular price and got it for $289 w/ 2 day shipping.
http://www.dyson.com/deals.aspx

Am also looking for a new set of pots and pans- anybody have a set they love and would recommend? Would prefer dishwasher safe.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Reactions: Angie and BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
What's everyone looking for this year? Any awesome buys that have caught anybody's eye?

A couple days ago there was an ad on Facebook for Dyson vacuum's and I have been on the search for a new hardwood/carpet combo. Got a Dyson V6 Absolute cordless vac- $599 regular price and got it for $289 w/ 2 day shipping.
http://www.dyson.com/deals.aspx

Am also looking for a new set of pots and pans- anybody have a set they love and would recommend? Would prefer dishwasher safe.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Oh, may bite on that. I have like 1500 SF of oak floor and chasing dust bunnies is a pain.

• Agree
Reactions: SCNCY

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Never been black Friday shopping and never will. The amount of dumb s*** that happens on black Friday just isn't worth it. I'll sit at home and hang out with family.

Reactions: Angie

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So I ordered the Dyson V6. @cyinne either saved me $300 or cost me $300 depending on how you look at it. o_O

Going with "saved" since I have been looking at these off and on and balked at the full retail price. :D

Last edited:

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Never been black Friday shopping and never will. The amount of dumb s*** that happens on black Friday just isn't worth it. I'll sit at home and hang out with family.

Not sure you're aware but a lot of these sales are online.

• Informative
Reactions: aeroclone

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
We bought most of what we want online this morning. The kids are going to grandma and grandpa's house though so we'll probably go out later and shop/people watch.

Reactions: Angie

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I was Looking for a deal on a 17 inch laptop but found something I liked at staples in my price range that I could get online, so I'm not going out

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
There are some sales on Green Mountain smokers.
I love my Green Mountain Bowie. I have owned Treagers and Louisianna Grills in the past. I think the Green Mountain is more versitile and MUCH better built I also own a Cookshack FEC100, but thats a different price point.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Oh, may bite on that. I have like 1500 SF of oak floor and chasing dust bunnies is a pain.

Get a robot. I’ve got one for downstairs and another for upstairs. Hardwood thought except for the bedrooms but it does both wood/carpet. They run Tues/Friday and are awesome! Mine are both Neato brand.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Considering getting an Amazon Echo or Google Home, but have no idea which one is better or if there's really that much of a difference between the two.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Got the Surface Pro with black type cover from Best Buy. Our printer was out of ink and was going to get that but I saw a printer for $30. So I got that instead. :) Bought CoD WW2 for my son (and me!) for $40 at Best Buy.

For those of you with kids in soccer, Dicks has a great deal on nets/goals. They are 50% off. I bought two 7' x 5' goals that has a removable rebounder on it. The cost was right at $100. I had a coupon for $20 off at least a $100 purchase so I got that on top of it!

Worth my time as these were in store only offers.

Reactions: wxman1

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron