Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
2qq00%2B%25282%2529ab%2BPJ.gif

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Project I'm working on, screwing a couple boards together, screwed right into a knot and split the board. Poor planning on my part, should have known it was there.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Project I'm working on, screwing a couple boards together, screwed right into a knot and split the board. Poor planning on my part, should have known it was there.

I am taking the day off from projects. Tomorrow is demo and build day. Finally framing and sheet rocking the basement closet and exit hallway the HVAC and plumbers totes destroyed 10 years ago. And have to move and elevate the 20x6 cold air return they ran perpendicular through the hall. An inch or two higher and I could finish the ceiling again, but no, these guys placed it too low. Redoing the sheet metal would be too much ******* around so I am going to plywood frame* that section in, it pops vertical into a framed return right above it anyway.

* Dammit Jim, I'm a carpenter not a sheet metal fabricator!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just got texted that my niece won a five mile Turkey run today. Fastest gal running that Quad Cities race. Cool. :) 10 seconds faster than me at her age in the same distance so she is now the undisputed family champion. She already totally owned the long distances but I was "holding on" to the shorter distances. This is the than toddler aged little girl who came out to watch old Uncle Boxster run the Bix 7 almost three decades ago. :cool:

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
@coolerifyoudid. How far is Kstate from Kansas City? Trying to decide if I go Friday night, stay sat night or do the one dayer.

Just about two hours from the west side/Overland Park area where there are plenty of hotels. Add 20-45 minutes to get to the NE side of KC. FYI 70 is a toll road from basically the west side of KC to Topeka with the toll booths being just east of Lawrence and at the toll exit on the east side of Topeka for you. We had a KTag so we didn't really pay attention.

On your way home on I-70 at mile marker 190 there is a bridge. That is where we got spun out and slid backwards across three lanes of memorial day traffic and came to a stop a foot from the bridge support. Neither of us or the dog had as much as a bruise. That is your cool story bro moment of the day.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm not a morning person and with 6 1/2 to 7 hour drive, am thinking taking off and driving to K city on Friday and then coming home after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.