Coaching Carousel

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Guess is Frost to Nebby, hearing it’s very likely at this point and makes sense for both sides. Wouldn’t mind seeing them be respectable and beat up on Iowa every year.

UCLA will throw money at somebody and has a lot of upside but they’re also 2nd fiddle in a town where nobody goes to games.

Texas A&M opening up would really make for a crazy December when you look at UCLA, Nebby, Florida, TN, AR, and likely others.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Guess is Frost to Nebby, hearing it’s very likely at this point and makes sense for both sides. Wouldn’t mind seeing them be respectable and beat up on Iowa every year.

UCLA will throw money at somebody and has a lot of upside but they’re also 2nd fiddle in a town where nobody goes to games.

Texas A&M opening up would really make for a crazy December when you look at UCLA, Nebby, Florida, TN, AR, and likely others.

We don’t need Nebby to beat up on Iowa when Purdue and Northwestern can do that. Hopefully Nebraska continues to be terrible. Now, if they can beat Iowa AND be terrible...well, that be just fine.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I don't see Campbell leaving this early. I think he wants to see what he can build here with his recruits. If he feels he's maxed out here in a few years and is still getting interest, he could move on. After two years though? I don't see it.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
Fawcast is saying his sources within Iowa state are saying they are willing to pay Campbell upto 4 million dollars. If that is true, I am little more confident we can retain him for a bit.

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
Fawcast is saying his sources within Iowa state are saying they are willing to pay Campbell upto 4 million dollars. If that is true, I am little more confident we can retain him for a bit.

Especially if that increases his buyout.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
Pay the man. That’s nothing if it means a successful program.

I was more shocked, we can afford that amount. If I remember correct, Pollard said we could not afford 3 million in the recent past, so when did we become Big Ballers :)

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids

F*** Nebraska. I'd rather watch Iowa beat their a** and enjoy every minute of it.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Listening to one of the interviews with Campbell, he was asked what he respected most about Snyder. His response was to the effect that it's rare to find a coach so dedicated to a single school. That's not a statement you make if you're considering elsewhere. I listened to that and heard a guy that wants to be a 'legacy' of building a program. Not a guy, that wants handouts.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
I would sleep well if I were a Cyclone fan when it comes to Matt Campbell. I do not know what Campbell is making and do not care. For this discussion lets just say it is $1.5 million a year. It is really difficult to spend that kind of money in Ames, Iowa. As a result whether Campbell stays or goes will no doubt depend upon the quality of life for his family and the opportunity for personal growth for himself. ISU and Ames fill those needs quite well. This Wildcat has lived in Ames for over 20 years so I know of what I speak.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Florida- Mullen
UCLA- Kelly
Tennesee- Schiano
Nebraska-
Texas A&M-
Mississippi St-
Arkansas-
Ole Miss-
Arizona St-

Am I missing any P5 jobs? Feel free to copy and paste and edit as jobs get filled and/or open up

Last edited:

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Florida- Mullen
UCLA- Kelly
Tennesee- Schiano
Nebraska- Probably Frost
Texas A&M- Chasing Jimbo Fisher*
Mississippi St-
Arkansas-
Ole Miss-
Arizona State - Sumlin?