Will this be Fred Hoiberg's last year at the Chicago Bulls?

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
On the contrary - I think Fred creates "divas" by refusing to be an authoritative coach regarding lack of effort, poor attitude and not following direction. What offense do they run? I don't see any plan. The inmates run the asylum on the Bulls. Players who play zero defense still stay on the court. Fred's problem is that he is so timid.
Thibodeau didn't allow any "divas."

Just like being a supervisor, being the "nice guy" often leads to more problems. I do think he was saddled with some challenging personas though. Wade, Rondo, and Butler. But, learning how to be firm/stern/disciplinary takes time. But, an advantage Fred, and any BBall coach has for that matter, is a bench.

Butler was just as much a diva when Thibs was here. Butler ran his mouth constantly about Thibs, the only difference is, after Thibs left, Butler appreciated him more. For example:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/12/29/report-jimmy-butler-was-ready-for-bulls-to-fire-tom-thibodeau/

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Just like being a supervisor, being the "nice guy" often leads to more problems. I do think he was saddled with some challenging personas though. Wade, Rondo, and Butler. But, learning how to be firm/stern/disciplinary takes time. But, an advantage Fred, and any BBall coach has for that matter, is a bench.

Butler was just as much a diva when Thibs was here. Butler ran his mouth constantly about Thibs, the only difference is, after Thibs left, Butler appreciated him more. For example:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/12/29/report-jimmy-butler-was-ready-for-bulls-to-fire-tom-thibodeau/
Points taken. However Butler did run what Thibs told him to run. He frequently ignored Hoiberg. And just look at the Bulls' product on the court now: guards and forwards playing totally out of control (again, what exactly do they want to do on offense? It's chaos), anyone apparently has the license to jack up 3's and most clank off the rim, no help defense (when there is defense) at all. It's a mess, regardless of what one says of the roster. That's the sign of a coach in waaaay over his head.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Do we fire Prohm, if the Mayor wants to comeback. :)
The only way Fred is welcome courtside in Hilton is if he donates enough to get those seats.

You were likely joking, but just in case...Prohm is a better coach. If he were to leave, maybe you consider Hoiberg if he’s truly wanting to be back and is willing to agree to a large buyout, but even then I’d likely pass.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
The only way Fred is welcome courtside in Hilton is if he donates enough to get those seats.

You were likely joking, but just in case...Prohm is a better coach. If he were to leave, maybe you consider Hoiberg if he’s truly wanting to be back and is willing to agree to a large buyout, but even then I’d likely pass.

Fred become a better college basketball coach in his second year of coaching then what Prohm is right now. :)

Prohm is an amazing recruiter and way better at it then Fred. Prohm is growing as a coach, combined with the talent he is bringing, I am confident he will surpass the Mayor's achievement here.

:( Niang does not go down in that freak accident and we are playing in the Final Four under Fred.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
1.) Fred become a better college basketball coach in his second year of coaching then what Prohm is right now. :)

2.)Prohm is an amazing recruiter and way better at it then Fred. Prohm is growing as a coach, combined with the talent he is bringing, I am confident he will surpass the Mayor's achievement here.

3.) Niang does not go down in that freak accident and we are playing in the Final Four under Fred.
1.) No he wasn’t. He took a team with a lot of talent and underachieved. Same with 13-14. It’s tough to reach your full potential with a coach that only cares about offense. Prohm likely would have done better with Fred’s teams than Fred imo.
2.) Fred was an amazing recruiter, particularly when he truly cared about the future rosters. His strength was putting teams together.
3.) If Georges doesn’t go down we may have a national title.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
1.) No he wasn’t. He took a team with a lot of talent and underachieved. Same with 13-14. It’s tough to reach your full potential with a coach that only cares about offense. Prohm likely would have done better with Fred’s teams than Fred imo.
2.) Fred was an amazing recruiter, particularly when he truly cared about the future rosters. His strength was putting teams together.

We saw what Prohm did with Fred's talented recruits, he under performed then him. At that point, Prohm had already been a head coach for 4 years.

Fred brought in transfers, questionable past and kids who had issues, molded them into a winning team. Prohm is getting top recruits out of highschool, which is much harder to do.

I still have nightmares from George going down, hope that is not the closest we get to a final four in the modern era.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
We saw what Prohm did with Fred's talented recruits, he under performed then him. At that point, Prohm had already been a head coach for 4 years.
Only on your video game, because that’s not what we saw. What we did witness is Prohm have equal success, if not better, with a roster that Fred stopped adding to.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
A Sweet 16 and a Big 12 tournament 'ship is underachieving? How long have you been watching ISU basketball?

Fred went 28-8 & 25-9 with those recruits, Prohm went 23-12 & 24-11. Less wins = under performing. Fred handed Prohm recruits who were developed, which makes it worse.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Fred went 28-8 & 25-9 with those recruits, Prohm went 23-12 & 24-11. Less wins = under performing. Fred handed Prohm recruits who were developed, which makes it worse.

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
His daughter going to KU and his now apparent closeness to Bill Self is irksome. If you've ever spent time or lived in Kansas City or around KU fans you realize they actually make you appreciate Iowa fans.

I will never understand why this is such a big deal for some people on this site.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Trying to figure out who you posted as before this current incarnation. :rolleyes:

Help Support Us

Become a patron