Mike Leach breaks down wedding preparations

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Mike nailed this.

Never before in my life did I spend more time carefully considering my answers before I spoke, than I did in the weeks leading up to my wedding. I don't care is a natural man response meaning, I'm fine with whatever. That is NOT sufficient verbiage during a wedding planning situation, with a semi to fully hysterical wife to be.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
This is fantastic. I hope he gave continuing marriage advice that stated that this continues, just with less frequency.

My wife usually buys shoes online. I always get asked, "Which pair of shoes do you like best?" Now that my girls are old enough, I let them comment first, hope they agree and choose the shoe they choose.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We definitely need to turn this into a "Best Of Mike Leach" video clip thread. I'm loving this!

His best line in the wedding one was when he said "in the end, you'll just wished you would have eloped instead".

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
That hits so close to home. :(

I did my best to just give them my credit card, ask them politely to try to minimize the damage, and then try to stay out of it until the wedding day.

Only worked so well.

I miss having this guy in the conference.

upload_2017-11-22_10-44-46.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I am going through this right now and had that exact conversation about wedding invitations last night. This has me rolling.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
This is pure gold. My wife is easy going and a bit more laid back. She was smart and knew how to approach me on certain topics. She gave me the cool stuff to take care of for our planning like the DJ, Limo, and caterer. Ours was pretty easy to get through, only thing I grew tired of was the song picking for our DJ. Otherwise, it was one heck of a party. Her and I have a lot of the same tastes, so from what I heard of other horror stories with wedding planning, I had it easy.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Leach is a terrific interview, so long as you aren't that interested in talking football.

I do like his response to this reporter though (start at 17:40 if the video doesn't start there automatically):

• Funny
Reactions: LindenCy