On That Note - Instrumentals

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Wish I knew how to link/post it-Frank Zappa's "Watermelon in Easter Hay" is awesome.
Find a you-tube (or similar) version and copy the URL. Go to the reply box at the bottom of the CF screen. Click on the icon for "media" (the page with the bent corner, two icons to the right of the smiley) and paste the URL on the line it give you. Easy peasy. :)

OTOH - if you're on a mobile, I have no clue how to do it!

Typhoon

Sep 30, 2010
I don't have the computer sophistication you guys have (my list probably gives a great hint as to my age which explains my lack of skills) so I'm just going to list:

Frankenstein Edgar Winter Group
Hocus Pocus(unless yodeling disqualifies) Focus
Tubular Bells Mike Oldfield
Theme from Shaft Isaac Hayes
Stars Spangled Banner Jimi Hendrix
Any Colour You Like Pink Floyd

• Winner
Reactions: cyhiphopp

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I have yet to grow tired of “Green Onions." It isn’t even a complex tune, and it’s been around for what, 65 years? Maybe perfect balance of subtlety and instrumental buildup, for lack of better description.

Any time I chop green onions for a recipe, the song comes into my head.
Plus, it held a key moment in "American Graffiti (1973)"--a movie filled with great music from the 60s.

Reactions: cyclones500

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
This thread has been revived, with some good additions.

I swear I posted some the week of this segment, but I see no evidence. Maybe I dreamed it all! So I’ll post a few.
Sheesh, I always thought that was a Richard Thompson song--but those chords (and the reverb) are the same as the Link Wray song.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cydar

Jjjohn

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 9, 2015

One of my favorite albums, all instrumental. Love to put it on at work and just get into the rhythm/trance of it if that makes sense.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron