New Cyclone Fan Here

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

KYCycloneMan

Nov 20, 2017
Hi all, I am new to Cyclone nation, been following the team since the beginning of the season.

Anyways, I have lived in Western Kentucky all of my life and been a huge Kentucky Football fan. I could really care less about basketball, doesn't really excite me. I went to at least 5-6 games a season, traveled to South Carolina, Florida, Louisiana, and just about every other Southern state to go to UK Football away games. I have been dedicated through all of the 2-5 win seasons.

I have decided to transfer over and support the Iowa State program. Me and my wife are planning to move to Iowa once I complete nursing school, pretty much just for Cyclone football. Yeah, probably the dumbest thing you have ever heard in your life. But we are just that serious about our college football and want something new and to be surrounded by fans who care more about the sport than those in Kentucky. Although ISU has not had recent major success, I believe they can get there.

Cant wait to support the program, and will see you all at some games next season, and depending on the bowl, you may see me there too.

Why Iowa State? New coach(a hire I absolutely loved), loud fanbase, and I have always had a hatred for the Big Ten, so the fact that Iowa State's rival is a Big Ten team sealed the deal.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Welcome, not something I'd ever thought to see, tbh. May I ask why you didn't "roll" with another sec school, most aren't basketball schools of course.

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
itsatrap.jpg

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Hi all, I am new to Cyclone nation, been following the team since the beginning of the season.

Anyways, I have lived in Western Kentucky all of my life and been a huge Kentucky Football fan. I could really care less about basketball, doesn't really excite me. I went to at least 5-6 games a season, traveled to South Carolina, Florida, Louisiana, and just about every other Southern state to go to UK Football away games. I have been dedicated through all of the 2-5 win seasons.

I have decided to transfer over and support the Iowa State program. Me and my wife are planning to move to Iowa once I complete nursing school, pretty much just for Cyclone football. Yeah, probably the dumbest thing you have ever heard in your life. But we are just that serious about our college football and want something new and to be surrounded by fans who care more about the sport than those in Kentucky. Although ISU has not had recent major success, I believe they can get there.

Cant wait to support the program, and will see you all at some games next season, and depending on the bowl, you may see me there too.

Why Iowa State? New coach(a hire I absolutely loved), loud fanbase, and I have always had a hatred for the Big Ten, so the fact that Iowa State's rival is a Big Ten team sealed the deal.

Were you already familiar with Prohm from his Murray St days then?

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
We choose to be Cyclone fans, not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa

Prepare for ups and downs and common CF meltdowns from couch coaches. It is hard being an ISU fan and most are still uneasy about success and have the nut cup handy, however, more and more people are retiring the nut cup. ISU is a great fan base and very supportive of each other as you may see on this site.

The only thing you need to know about ISU is to....

TRUST THE PROCESS

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'm gonna suspend disbelief for a bit, ignore the fact that this was posted at 1:59 AM from some guy in Kentucky going through nursing school and, what the hell, I'll even assume moonshine isn't a factor in this post.

If you've willingly been a fan of a Kentucky sport and somehow chose football over basketball, I think you'll be just fun riding the Cyclone roller coaster with the rest of us.

Welcome aboard! Please understand our skepticism, but welcome aboard!